Gen. Petraeus has resigned; no replacement named

News you want to discuss. Threads should start with a reference or fact. Straight opinion is better housed in "The Lounge" below.
dejapig
Site Admin

Re: Gen. Petraeus has resigned; no replacement named

Postby dejapig » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:19 am

BrooklynBilly wrote:
SusieQ wrote:I say why not stay in Hong Kong, billy? You are there enough, you seem to think it is a nicer place than America now and then you would be a much happier soul. :grin:

Hong Kong is not nearly as nice a place as Marin County, where I live, or San Francisco, but it sure is a better place to do business and it sure is a better place for poor people to find work than say San Francisco or New York or Chicago or Newark or Los Angeles or any of the other Democratic party dominated cities in this country,

Ridiculous. The Republican South is not having any easier time of it. :roll:
Be who you are & say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter & those who matter don't mind. --Dr. Seuss
Keith Olbermann rocks! --dejapig

BrooklynBilly
Forum's Senior Troll

Postby BrooklynBilly » Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:47 pm

dejapig wrote:
BrooklynBilly wrote:
SusieQ wrote:I say why not stay in Hong Kong, billy? You are there enough, you seem to think it is a nicer place than America now and then you would be a much happier soul. :grin:

Hong Kong is not nearly as nice a place as Marin County, where I live, or San Francisco, but it sure is a better place to do business and it sure is a better place for poor people to find work than say San Francisco or New York or Chicago or Newark or Los Angeles or any of the other Democratic party dominated cities in this country,

Ridiculous. The Republican South is not having any easier time of it. :roll:

Few places in the union are in as bad shape as California, Illinois, New York, New Jersey and let's not forget places like Detroit, Philadelphia, Oakland, Camden, Newark, etc., Democratic bastions all. States with Republican govenors have led the way in fiscal prudence and reining in out of control public employee unions.
Nemo surdior est quam is qui non audiet

dejapig
Site Admin

Postby dejapig » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:52 pm

In Texas, the Republican governor does that on the backs of poor people, doing stupid things like working to eliminate Planned Parenthood--where the majority of poor women get pap smears, mammograms, and contraception. There is nothing fiscally prudent about his retributive and pandering stance on Planned Parenthood.
Be who you are & say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter & those who matter don't mind. --Dr. Seuss

Keith Olbermann rocks! --dejapig

Moj
Greater Troll

Postby Moj » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:36 pm

romneyfan wrote:
Few places in the union are in as bad shape as California, Illinois, New York, New Jersey and let's not forget places like Detroit, Philadelphia, Oakland, Camden, Newark, etc., Democratic bastions all. States with Republican govenors have led the way in fiscal prudence and reining in out of control public employee unions.

Neat, many of those places that drive our national economy, unlike rural Alabama.

But why do care about Detroit? You voted for Romney after all and we know what he would have done.

BrooklynBilly
Forum's Senior Troll

Postby BrooklynBilly » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:23 pm

dejapig wrote:In Texas, the Republican governor does that on the backs of poor people, doing stupid things like working to eliminate Planned Parenthood--where the majority of poor women get pap smears, mammograms, and contraception. There is nothing fiscally prudent about his retributive and pandering stance on Planned Parenthood.

California has 34%of the country's welfare cases, 10.1%unemployment which is actually closer to 16%, we have 6 million illegal aliens who depress wages for low and unskilled Americans, we now have a 10% sales tax, the highest income taxes, the highest gasoline prices in the country, the highest utility costs in the country and we have the highest paid teachers and the worst performing schools. Texas looks pretty good from where I live.
Nemo surdior est quam is qui non audiet

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:03 pm

BrooklynBilly wrote:California has 34%of the country's welfare cases, 10.1%unemployment which is actually closer to 16%, we have 6 million illegal aliens who depress wages for low and unskilled Americans, we now have a 10% sales tax, the highest income taxes, the highest gasoline prices in the country, the highest utility costs in the country and we have the highest paid teachers and the worst performing schools. Texas looks pretty good from where I live.

You must be a masochist, Billy: you've been complaining about CA as long as I've been reading your posts, yet you continue to live there.

No one is holding you prisoner, you know.

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

Return to “What Story Are YOU Talking About?”