Unemployment down to 7.8%

News you want to discuss. Threads should start with a reference or fact. Straight opinion is better housed in "The Lounge" below.
dnkoa

Unemployment down to 7.8%

Postby dnkoa » Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:35 am

I'd say that'll have more influence on the election than the first debate. Sorry cons. :wink:

Marie
Certified Fan

Re: Unemployment down to 7.8%

Postby Marie » Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:51 am

I agree!

"The U.S. economy added 114,000 jobs in September as unemployment fell to 7.8 percent in the highest one-month jump in 29 years. . . . job growth was particularly strong in health care, transportation and warehousing . . ."

Wow, this is great news!!! =D>

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

proudliberal

Postby proudliberal » Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:38 pm

Didn't Obama say that he'd get unemployment down below 8%? It took awhile longer than he thought, but he did it. I'm sure, though, that the conspiracy theorists on the right will accuse him of fixing the numbers to make himself look better.
Necessity is the mother of invention. We don't know who the father is, because Necessity gets around alot.

dnkoa

Postby dnkoa » Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:44 pm

Didn't Obama say that he'd get unemployment down below 8%? It took awhile longer than he thought, but he did it. I'm sure, though, that the conspiracy theorists on the right will accuse him of fixing the numbers to make himself look better.

They are, including Morning Joke.

The Icy Commander
Grammar-impaired troll

Postby The Icy Commander » Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:44 pm

I don't believe I have seen a case of blatant bullshit spin this bad in many years!

Does the Obama administration truly believe we are stupid enough to believe that after 43 straight months of unemployment above 8% that suddenly one month before the election the rate has fallen below that magic threshold of 8%?!

I would be rolling on the floor laughing if not for the seriousness of this election!

Anyone here interested in buying my five acre beach front property in Utah?

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:25 pm

The Icy Commander wrote:Anyone here interested in buying my five acre beach front property in Utah?

Are you kidding? Those condos on the shore of the Great Salt Lake are prime real estate. Who do you think we are, Mitt Romney?

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:37 pm

proudliberal wrote:Didn't Obama say that he'd get unemployment down below 8%? It took awhile longer than he thought, but he did it. I'm sure, though, that the conspiracy theorists on the right will accuse him of fixing the numbers to make himself look better.

From Twitter:
Flesh Toned Tin Foil Hats in Style - Media Dismiss Drop In Unemployment Rate
As Govt "Propaganda"
bit.ly/Vroi5l
and
Fox yesterday: O NO UNEMP ABOVE 8% PROOF OBAMA FAILURE Fox today: CAN YOU REALLY TRUST THE NUMBERS? #youcantexplainthat

:lol: They'd complain if you were going to hang them with a BRAND NEW ROPE!

-Marie-

BrooklynBilly
Forum's Senior Troll

Postby BrooklynBilly » Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:12 pm

I think it's perfectly reasonable to doubt these numbers if the shoe was on the other foot liberals would be complaining twice as loud.
Nemo surdior est quam is qui non audiet

Moj
Greater Troll

Postby Moj » Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:19 pm

BrooklynBilly wrote:I think it's perfectly reasonable to doubt these numbers if the shoe was on the other foot liberals would be complaining twice as loud.

No, they would be complaining just as loud, but that's beside the point. people love to make wild accusations without proof. Anyway, the false equivalency of "they would do it too" is bullshit. If you think the numbers don't add up, go find your evidence.

There is actual proof of the Bush Administration changing reports written by the government on the effects of greenhouse gases and who is causing them. So, at least with the previous administration it's been shown that politics before substance.

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:59 pm

BrooklynBilly wrote:I think it's perfectly reasonable to doubt these numbers if the shoe was on the other foot liberals would be complaining twice as loud.

The conspiracy theorists have no knowledge of who's trustworthy and who isn't. Once again, if you don't know anything, you have no criteria by which to judge.

Fact: Both Democratic & Republican presidents have experienced positive numbers at critical moments in their campaigns, and NOBODY questioned the numbers because the service is above politics. That's how squeaky clean their reputation is.

-Marie-

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:01 pm

Another great quip from the Twitter machine --
Obama's Actual Kenyan Birth Certificate contains the key for decrypting
the *real* job report numbers.

-Marie-

BrooklynBilly
Forum's Senior Troll

Postby BrooklynBilly » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:10 pm

Moj wrote:

No, they would be complaining just as loud, but that's beside the point. people love to make wild accusations without proof. Anyway, the false equivalency of "they would do it too" is bullshit. If you think the numbers don't add up, go find your evidence.

There is actual proof of the Bush Administration changing reports written by the government on the effects of greenhouse gases and who is causing them. So, at least with the previous administration it's been shown that politics before substance.

I have little faith in government, Democratic or Republican, telling the truth, what matters is getting elected and reelected.

keen4keith
Certified Fan

Postby keen4keith » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:17 pm

ooooh, our system is trembling, knowing it doesn't have Billy's unwavering faith. 8-[

BrooklynBilly
Forum's Senior Troll

Postby BrooklynBilly » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:34 pm

keen4keith wrote:ooooh, our system is trembling, knowing it doesn't have Billy's unwavering faith. 8-[

Hiya stupid, didn't they just lie through their capped teeth about what went on in Libya? Only idiots trust government to tell the truth.

Moj
Greater Troll

Postby Moj » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:48 pm

BrooklynBilly wrote:
Moj wrote:

I have little faith in government, Democratic or Republican, telling the truth, what matters is getting elected and reelected.

Well, where are your facts? Can you prove that the BLS has ever been political? Can you prove anything or are you just pulling facts out of your ass?

Maybe next you can work on that conspiracy theory where postal workers aren't delivering Romney mailers until after the election.

Return to “What Story Are YOU Talking About?”