Is Madonna a Birther ?

News you want to discuss. Threads should start with a reference or fact. Straight opinion is better housed in "The Lounge" below.
The Icy Commander
Grammar-impaired troll

Is Madonna a Birther ?

Postby The Icy Commander » Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:44 pm

Was she being sarcastic here, or just trying to restart her career.................................again ?

Madonna endorses Obama, calls him a 'black Muslim in the White House'

Speaking to fans at a concert in Washington, D.C. on Monday, Madonna issued a profanity-laced endorsement of Barack Obama, calling him a "black Muslim" who is "fighting for gay rights."

She began her speech with a brief history lesson, calling President Lincoln a "prophet" before jumping to Martin Luther King.

“And they killed him, as they do,” she said.

“And now, it's so amazing and incredible to think we have an African-American in the White House,” she added.

“So, y’all better vote for f**king Obama,” she said to wild cheers.

“For better or for worse…we have a black Muslim in the White House. Now that's some amazing s**t."

.Video: Madonna calls Obama a 'black Muslim in the White House'."“It means there is hope in this country. And Obama is fighting for gay rights, so support the man, g******t.”

http://www.examiner.com/article/madonna ... hite-house

Marie
Certified Fan

Re: Is Madonna a Birther ?

Postby Marie » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:15 pm

Learned how to punctuate yet, Icy?

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

dejapig
Site Admin

Postby dejapig » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:27 pm

The Icy Commander wrote:Was she being sarcastic here, or just trying to restart her career.................................again ?

You have your low-information voters, we have ours. :lol:
Be who you are & say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter & those who matter don't mind. --Dr. Seuss
Keith Olbermann rocks! --dejapig

The Icy Commander
Grammar-impaired troll

Postby The Icy Commander » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:36 pm

dejapig wrote:
The Icy Commander wrote:Was she being sarcastic here, or just trying to restart her career.................................again ?

You have your low-information voters, we have ours. :lol:

Sometimes it helps to get a celeb endorsement, this time not so much.

dejapig
Site Admin

Postby dejapig » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:47 pm

Well, she's preachin' to the choir. They cheered just as loudly for "black muslim" as they did for "fuck yeah!" :lol:
Be who you are & say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter & those who matter don't mind. --Dr. Seuss

The Icy Commander
Grammar-impaired troll

Postby The Icy Commander » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:53 pm

One other thing, and by the way I have no idea how serious she is here, or if she's just trying to get attention.
But..........................she implies there's hope and progress having a "black Muslim" in the White House.
I've got news for her, if Obama were a Muslim and he were completely open about it, there's not a chance in hell he would have ever been elected president in the first place.

dejapig
Site Admin

Postby dejapig » Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:10 pm

He's not a Muslim, ffs.

Remind me again how Madonna became the go-to expert on Obama's religious preferences? :-s

GeminiDogg

Postby GeminiDogg » Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:39 pm

No Obama would've take Madonna black muslim thing as a light-hearted joke, and she's knows it. Nice Try Icy, but you've failed on this one here.
Neo-Clown slayer and 'KO' is my mutha Funkin' Dawg!!!

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:27 pm

Madonna's clarified that she knows Obama's not a Muslim (but so what if he were?) -- she was taking a shot at the scare tactics of the president's opposition.

I got it, and if I got it I'm sure her audience got it. Madonna's not a politician, but she can see what's going on.

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

JennyB

Postby JennyB » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:01 am

I'm on the team that thinks Madonna is an idiot and should keep her stupid mouth shut.... Hell she doesn't even live in country...The UK can have her.

RareBird
Certified Fan

Postby RareBird » Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:13 pm

Madonna has always been an insecure Ciccone nudge-nudge wink-wink. So often she has resorted to attention-whoring gimmicks rather than just doing her act and letting her talents speak for themselves. There was a time when I would say she was surely good enough and didn't need the gimmick, but apparently she has no intention of gracefully exiting her stardom. She's no birther--just a jerk trying to be relevant in a selfish and ignorant way.

proudliberal

Postby proudliberal » Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:53 pm

Madonna has always been about shock value and publicity. I just chalk this up to being part of that.
Necessity is the mother of invention. We don't know who the father is, because Necessity gets around alot.

Moj
Greater Troll

Postby Moj » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:50 pm

Finally...Finally someone is brave enough to say what we all know and feel, can I get an amen?

She was joking....so was I.

Return to “What Story Are YOU Talking About?”