Trayvon Martin Killing

News you want to discuss. Threads should start with a reference or fact. Straight opinion is better housed in "The Lounge" below.
dejapig
Site Admin

Re: Trayvon Martin Killing

Postby dejapig » Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:48 am

BrooklynBilly wrote:Oh I see, Democrats could never be racist only white Republicans. Go ahead admit it, doesn't it make you feel morally superior to accuse others of racism.

No one ever suggested that ONLY Republicans could be racist, but don't let the facts keep you from your own mistaken beliefs. :roll:
And you seem to be the only one claiming the morally superior high ground here, pointing out the error of OUR ways. :lol:
Nothing about racism makes me feel any kind of superior to anyone else; it just makes me sad.
Be who you are & say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter & those who matter don't mind. --Dr. Seuss
Keith Olbermann rocks! --dejapig

JennyB

Postby JennyB » Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:51 am

BrooklynBilly wrote:
dejapig wrote:
BrooklynBilly wrote:So you're assuming deja's neighbors are racist without a shred of proof.

I live in a majority Republican redneck rural county of Texas. Not a huge stretch to believe some will be on the racist side. :lol:

And don't break your arm patting yourself on the back pointing out your belief that we believe we're virtuous for pointing that out. :roll:

Oh I see, Democrats could never be racist only white Republicans. Go ahead admit it, doesn't it make you feel morally superior to accuse others of racism.

OH Billy over the course of the last 4 or so years the racist white republican has shown his stripes...
And yes! I love being morally superior! Gets me through the day.

MrsData

Postby MrsData » Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:09 am

Appalling!

The Icy Commander
Grammar-impaired troll

Postby The Icy Commander » Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:34 pm

MrsData wrote:Appalling!

I agree 100% with Rivera about the hoody.

Slfriend79
Site Admin

Postby Slfriend79 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:35 pm

The Icy Commander wrote:I agree 100% with Rivera about the hoody.

You would. :roll:

"Laugh hard, run fast, be kind." - Peter Capaldi as the Twelfth Doctor (Twice Upon A Time)

Slfriend79
Site Admin

Postby Slfriend79 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:44 pm

OMG..."FOX News Irresponsibly Selling Dangerous Hoodies" :

http://www.buzzfeed.com/ryanhatesthis/f ... us-hoodies

Yellow_Flash_Colorz_PDT_10

"Laugh hard, run fast, be kind." - Peter Capaldi as the Twelfth Doctor (Twice Upon A Time)

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:57 pm

Slfriend79 wrote:OMG..."FOX News Irresponsibly Selling Dangerous Hoodies" :

http://www.buzzfeed.com/ryanhatesthis/f ... us-hoodies

Yellow_Flash_Colorz_PDT_10

LOL, another case of the right hand at fox not knowing what the OTHER right hand (they obviously don't have left hands) is doing.

Remember when the Fox talkers were railing against "holiday" trees and "holiday" this & that, claiming that the "holiday" trend was evidence of their alleged "war on Christmas"? Then someone noticed Fox was selling what they themselves described as "holiday" ornaments in their online gift shop!

More proof that the organization has no particular stake in what they bloviate. (To use an expression of my dad's) it's just something to say.

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

ArmoredGhost
Certified Fan

Postby ArmoredGhost » Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:06 pm

Rich C wrote:This case has been getting a lot of attention being that a 17 year old kid Trayvon Martin was killed by a "neighborhood watch person" George Zimmerman who is 28. This has been discussed on TYT and other shows. Here's an article that explains everything http://motherjones.com/politics/2012/03 ... -explained

Based on what I heard there was no doubt this kid was stalked and there was absolutely no reason why this kid was killed by a gun. He posed no threat to anyone and was minding his business.

Zimmerman had better hope that he gets a trial. He's lucky to get a trial!! He should be very happy to get a trial!!! He's a marked man, since he committed a cold blooded murder of a minor .... as he deserves (being marked). IMHO :-s
------- Oh, the INSANITY!! -------

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:07 pm

As to what Geraldo is counseling, add that piece of advice to all the other cautions for minority kids. Don't run in public, don't talk back to police officers or look them directly in the eye, etc.

How people dress should be their own choice, appropriate to the occasion. If you're a black or Hispanic kid, why should wearing sweat clothes and going out for regular runs be dangerous to your health, when it's RECOMMENDED for the rest of the population? Answer: because that's the reality they live in.

So please, don't anybody tell me racism and discrimination are relics of the past in this country. If anything, those who favor racial equality have been losing valuable ground during the past thirty or so years, just as women have lost ground during the glorious conservative revolution! >:

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

The Icy Commander
Grammar-impaired troll

Postby The Icy Commander » Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:39 pm

Slfriend79 wrote:

Let me back up for a moment. I don't agree that the hoody is the "reason" for the killing, but it plays a role in the image many young males of today wish to broadcast. If I had any teenage males still at home I wouldn't let them wear such attire knowing the main reason why it's being worn.
This tragedy certainly could have occured regardless, but IMO wearing a hoody especially at night through a neighborhood is simply not a good idea.

Slfriend79
Site Admin

Postby Slfriend79 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:54 pm

The Icy Commander wrote:
Slfriend79 wrote:

Let me back up for a moment. I don't agree that the hoody is the "reason" for the killing, but it plays a role in the image many young males of today wish to broadcast. If I had any teenage males still at home I wouldn't let them wear such attire knowing the main reason why it's being worn.
This tragedy certainly could have occured regardless, but IMO wearing a hoody especially at night through a neighborhood is simply not a good idea.

Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah....Yes, once again BLAME THE VICTIM. :roll:

MrsData

Postby MrsData » Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:53 pm

It was raining which is normal for Florida and Zimmerman even said so to the 911 operator. Even if it wasn't, he and everyone else has the right to wear whatever and shouldn't expect to be stalked, harassed, assaulted or killed for it. Just like how a woman wearing a skirt and halter top isn't asking for nor deserves to be sexually assaulted.

One of the most disgusting things about Rivera's statements is that he specifically said that black people and Latinos shouldn't wear hoodies. So, only white people and Asians aren't asking for it when they go out in public wearing a hoodie and are shot and killed. God knows they never commit crimes and are never profiled. How about white collar criminals? Using his ignorant logic, any man wearing a suit and tie is a con artist who will rip others off, when they get assaulted well it's their fault. Take Rivera's mustache, there are plenty of pedophiles who have similar facial hair. So I guess it's perfectly fine for anyone to run up to a mustached man and kill him because remember every man with a substantial amount of hair on his upper lip is a pedophile. Rivera's head is as empty as Capone's vault.

The Icy Commander
Grammar-impaired troll

Postby The Icy Commander » Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:40 pm

I think any young male regardless of race walking around in a neighborhood at night wearing a hoodie is putting themselves in a situation that is likely to direct negative attention to themselves.
That doesn't mean however that this wasn't a tragic occurance, and possibly an outright murder.

GeminiDogg

Postby GeminiDogg » Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:37 pm

The Icy Commander wrote:I think any young male regardless of race walking around in a neighborhood at night wearing a hoodie is putting themselves in a situation that is likely to direct negative attention to themselves.
That doesn't mean however that this wasn't a tragic occurance, and possibly an outright murder.

Really? Well I got a newsflash for you Icy.... Most people in this country in one form or another wears a hoodie; not just black people or young kids. College students wears it; joggers wears it; Sports Athletics wears it; and even senior citizens wears a hoodie. I wear a hoodie. The real problem is your way of thinking that young males like Trayvon should never wear a hoodie when all what he's doing walking home from a store with a bag containing skittles and Arizona Ice Tea to catch the Orlando Magic Basketball on TV. Tell that to his parents. I dared you. You won't do it cause you do not have the guts to tell them.
Neo-Clown slayer and 'KO' is my mutha Funkin' Dawg!!!

BrooklynBilly
Forum's Senior Troll

Postby BrooklynBilly » Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:16 pm

Marie wrote:So please, don't anybody tell me racism and discrimination are relics of the past in this country. If anything, those who favor racial equality have been losing valuable ground during the past thirty or so years, just as women have lost ground during the glorious conservative revolution! >:

-Marie-

Before you start with your usual self serving racial accusations you might keep in mind that whites are victims of black crime by a huge margin, I've read that whites are 18 times more likely to be murdered by a black person than the other way around.
It's nice that you could also use this opportunity to assert victimhood for American women. What a joke!
Nemo surdior est quam is qui non audiet

Return to “What Story Are YOU Talking About?”