Scary-borough's comments prompt management memo

News you want to discuss. Threads should start with a reference or fact. Straight opinion is better housed in "The Lounge" below.
WeReAllDoomed

Re: Scary-borough's comments prompt management memo

Postby WeReAllDoomed » Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:02 pm

I think Joe Scarborough's political ambitions will be scuppered by his own party, judging by how they've treated Megan McCain and other remotely sane Republicans. He's just not quite tea-baggy enough.
Those are the headlines...god I wish they weren't.

jwolfbauer
Certified Fan

Postby jwolfbauer » Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:50 pm

WeReAllDoomed wrote:I think Joe Scarborough's political ambitions will be scuppered by his own party, judging by how they've treated Megan McCain and other remotely sane Republicans. He's just not quite tea-baggy enough.

Never under estimate what looks like the under dog. Who would have thought McCain would have picked Palin. Disparate times lead to disparate meassures. Did you see McCain changed his tune on Face The Nation this morning? And when he talked about the Supreme Court decision, I wanted to throw up. Well nothing can be done now that the decision is made. Well if this decision goes against his party, I bet a million on his trying to overturn this ruling.
Last edited by jwolfbauer on Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
In brightest day,
In blackest night,
No evil shall escape my sight.
Let those who worship evil’s might,
Beware my power: Green Lantern’s Light.
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy."- MLK Jr.
'Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.'" JFK

WeReAllDoomed

Postby WeReAllDoomed » Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:17 pm

I think that's the problem - he knows in principle that the decision was a terrible one (if McCain-Feingold was anything to go by), but on balance, he must have come to the conclusion that republicans will benefit more overall. Its certainly nauseating to see Boener and friends come out in strong support - a triumph for free speech?! Hmm...

I think you're right about underdogs, but Scarborough is a different "breed" to Palin - she ticks all the "lowest common denominator" boxes, whereas Scarborough has a dangerous, relatively-intellectual (!) vibe... I don't see him surviving primaries in many places.
Those are the headlines...god I wish they weren't.

Return to “What Story Are YOU Talking About?”