Countdown 12/17

KO.O. Stuff from 2009
SusieQ
Site Admin

Countdown 12/17

Postby SusieQ » Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:08 pm

I wish I could remember the name of this guest, but I felt that he had the most sense when discussing the health care bill. He said that the bill from congress, when combined with the weak bill of the senate, will be a good starting point to go into conference with. That the upset over this from progressives is a bit premature. Barney Frank also made the comment that we have to get this to conference because we can't wait for it.
The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness.
-John Kenneth Galbraith

A conservative is a man with two perfectly good legs, who, however, has never learned to walk forward.
-Franklin D. Roosevelt

Slfriend79
Site Admin

Re: Countdown 12/17

Postby Slfriend79 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:22 pm

As far as 'Health Reform' is concerned, in the famous words of Ed Grimley, "We are as doomed as doomed can be". ](*,)
"Laugh hard, run fast, be kind." - Peter Capaldi as the Twelfth Doctor (Twice Upon A Time)

SusieQ
Site Admin

Postby SusieQ » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:26 pm

Bernie Sanders speaking with Keith

The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness.
-John Kenneth Galbraith

A conservative is a man with two perfectly good legs, who, however, has never learned to walk forward.
-Franklin D. Roosevelt

jwolfbauer
Certified Fan

Postby jwolfbauer » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:11 pm

I was amused at the clip Keith showed when Al Franken shot down Lieberman, I saw it earlier in the day and laughed out loud. Al Franken gets my vote. Hey Al a Democrat with BALLS! I want a picture of Lieberman's face to frame on my wall, it was priceless! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
In brightest day,
In blackest night,
No evil shall escape my sight.
Let those who worship evil’s might,
Beware my power: Green Lantern’s Light.
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy."- MLK Jr.
'Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.'" JFK

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:21 am

jwolfbauer wrote: I want a picture of Lieberman's face to frame on my wall, it was priceless!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You mean, where he was trying to act like nothing was wrong and no hard feelings?

This expression...
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f288/ ... anken1.png

or maybe this one?
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f288/ ... anken2.png

I wonder if he will ever know what a self-obsessed ass he appears. :x

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:28 am

Michael wrote:I think Joe Lieberman is exactly right in his calculus that there is no such thing as bad publicity, and that at this point years from the next election he is just establishing "name recognition" with all the buzz. Later he will shape the message.
And what office do you believe he intends to run for? Is there any specific position for which the ability to betray his colleagues on a regular basis qualifies him?

And where will his support come from, now that he's become a symbol for treachery and desertion?

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

BrooklynBilly
Forum's Senior Troll

Postby BrooklynBilly » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:39 am

Marie wrote:
Michael wrote:I think Joe Lieberman is exactly right in his calculus that there is no such thing as bad publicity, and that at this point years from the next election he is just establishing "name recognition" with all the buzz. Later he will shape the message.
And what office do you believe he intends to run for? Is there any specific position for which the ability to betray his colleagues on a regular basis qualifies him?

And where will his support come from, now that he's become a symbol for treachery and desertion?

-Marie-

His support will come from the same people who elected him to office in 2006. Lieberman is a popular figure among everybody but the hard core liberal left, a group that can easily be ignored.
Nemo surdior est quam is qui non audiet

Slfriend79
Site Admin

Postby Slfriend79 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:38 am

I think Joe is just trying to get peoples attention so they will buy his new book. :dwink

:LMAO :happy :LMAO
"Laugh hard, run fast, be kind." - Peter Capaldi as the Twelfth Doctor (Twice Upon A Time)

jwolfbauer
Certified Fan

Postby jwolfbauer » Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:30 pm

I would pretend I could not read before I would buy his book. This is the third book I would actually burn! Annie what's her name, Sarah who, are the other two. Joe fits right in with these two NUTS! He should have been called the plumber. He works in the toilet, doesn't he? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
In brightest day,
In blackest night,
No evil shall escape my sight.
Let those who worship evil’s might,
Beware my power: Green Lantern’s Light.
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy."- MLK Jr.
'Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.'" JFK

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:41 pm

BrooklynBilly wrote:His support will come from the same people who elected him to office in 2006. Lieberman is a popular figure among everybody but the hard core liberal left, a group that can easily be ignored.
People who can easily be ignored go on message boards and make incendiary statements.

Just sayin.....

And if the calls to C-SPAN from disillusioned Lieberman voters is any measure of his popularity, he has some fast talking and fancy footwork to do -- and frankly, I don't think he's up to it.

-Marie-

Keen4Keith

Postby Keen4Keith » Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:17 pm

jwolfbauer wrote:I would pretend I could not read before I would buy his book. This is the third book I would actually burn! Annie what's her name, Sarah who, are the other two. Joe fits right in with these two NUTS! He should have been called the plumber. He works in the toilet, doesn't he? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

YOU said it!!

winterbabe

Re: When Will Keith Be Back?

Postby winterbabe » Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:35 pm

Hi Everyone,

Do you know if Keith usually takes off two weeks during this time of year? I am getting that sinking feeling that he won't be back until after New Year's.

stretchdogg

Postby stretchdogg » Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:24 pm

I'm hoping we get a couple of guest appearances by KO in the next two weeks, but who knows. I'm sure we will receive generous showings of "The Year That Was"... and if they are really ambitious, a "Decade" show.

Return to “2009”