Mike Gallagher - FNC creep - Calls KO a Traitor

Keith Olbermann Stuff From 2006 (2005 was accidently deleted)
Keyser Soze

Mike Gallagher - FNC creep - Calls KO a Traitor

Postby Keyser Soze » Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:39 pm

OK, this sort of stuff makes you miss KO a lot more.

There's a video link to Olbermann Watch in there. Gallagher said that KO should be rounded up with the "other" traitors.
[url]http://insidecable.blogsome.com/2006/12/19/keith-olbermann-traitor/[/url]
Last edited by Keyser Soze on Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Simplicity is the key to brilliance - Bruce Lee

OlbermannBuiltMyHotRod

Postby OlbermannBuiltMyHotRod » Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:46 pm

i heard his radio show while i was driving down to Florida. he's a total douche.
HotRod: "they're real, and they're spectacular"

...every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end...

- Semisonic/Closing Time

Lauralu

Postby Lauralu » Wed Dec 20, 2006 2:01 pm

That's gotta be one of the stupidist most ignorant thing I've ever heard.

OlbermannBuiltMyHotRod

Postby OlbermannBuiltMyHotRod » Wed Dec 20, 2006 2:31 pm

then you haven't heard Mikey Wiener-Savage lately. that dude is seriously off his rocker. Dan Savage zinged him pretty good on The Colbert Report the other night, though. he reminded everyone that his real name is Wiener and said he hoped he'd be coming out of the closet soon.
HotRod: "they're real, and they're spectacular"

...every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end...

- Semisonic/Closing Time

the roser

Postby the roser » Wed Dec 20, 2006 2:51 pm

Anybody know who the guy smackin' Gala-girl down is?

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:25 pm

Gagger sez, "Round up Joy Behar, round up Matt Damon, who last night on MSNBC
attacked George Bush and Dick Cheney. Round up Olbermann, take the whole bunch
of them and put them in a detention camp until this war is over because they're
a bunch of traitors."

Okay, so now we understand that the administration aren't Nazis -- their SUPPORTERS
are Nazis. Gagger just confirmed it out of his own mouth.

-Marie-
Newshounds identifies the guy who corrected him as "left wing radio host Rob Thompson."
Transcript:
http://www.newshounds.us/2006/12/19/fox_guest_says_joy_behar_matt_damon_keith_olbermann_should_be_rounded_up_and_put_in_a_detention_center_because_theyre_traitors.php#more

Lauralu

Postby Lauralu » Wed Dec 20, 2006 7:26 pm

I have never listened to Weiner Savage. Tightie Rightie radio just won't come in on my radio, darn it. OBMHR, I did see Dan Savage on Colbert, that was good stuff!

GeminiDogg

Re: Mike Gallagher - FNC creep - Calls KO a Traitor

Postby GeminiDogg » Wed Dec 20, 2006 7:34 pm

Keyser Soze wrote:OK, this sort of stuff makes you miss KO a lot more.

There's a video link to Olbermann Watch in there. Gallagher said that KO should be rounded up with the "other" traitors.
[url]http://insidecable.blogsome.com/2006/12/19/keith-olbermann-traitor/[/url]

I got stories about this Gallagher idiot! This jerk is nothing but a Rush-Wannabe-Neo-Ass-Clown Kool-Aid Drinker who wears an ugly toupee that looked like it got scapled from a germ-infested-dead rodent. Back in the 90's, he had a talk show for radio station WGY in my hometown of Albany, NY. Although he made great ratings here, but he didn't last long because he was involved in a free-fall with a former student at the University of Albany, that was a hero in a hostage standoff at the College, when he struggled with a deranged gunman who took several student hostages, resulting the student getting shot in the groin.

What happened I guess, is that student must've said something that got Mike Gallagher mad and starting bad mouthing this poor kid on the air, resulting the poor kid recieving death threats from Gallagher's punk-ass listeners. The local Newspapers here in Albany were all over on Gallagher berating the kid and calling for his firing at the station. Before that punk about to get the ax, he'd announced on the air that he got a radio job at WABC in New York and fled town because everybody was ready wants to jump his ass.

Don't be suprised that KO will ripped this jerk into a new ass when he comes back from the holidays.

Believe that \:D/
Neo-Clown slayer and 'KO' is my mutha Funkin' Dawg!!!

Kathy

Postby Kathy » Wed Dec 20, 2006 7:51 pm

Gemini, don't hold back...tell us how you REALLY feel!!!

Seriously, what a scumbag. And I have no guilty feeling about using that term, either--no matter what Keith thinks of it!
...if you don't stick up for the freedom of all opinion, eventually the wheel will turn, you'll be the minority and you'll have written the rules by which you yourself are squashed. -- Keith Olbermann

GeminiDogg

Postby GeminiDogg » Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:21 pm

Kathy wrote:Gemini, don't hold back...tell us how you REALLY feel!!!

Seriously, what a scumbag. And I have no guilty feeling about using that term, either--no matter what Keith thinks of it!

I don't wanna to get banned from this forum if I really let it out, if you know what I mean. Yellow_Flash_Colorz_PDT_02

However, we should not be worry about that jerk-off' and his comment about KO. Once Faux News is finished, so his Gallgaher. ;)
Neo-Clown slayer and 'KO' is my mutha Funkin' Dawg!!!

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Fri Dec 22, 2006 5:42 pm

I loved MediaChannel's comment, published today --

- - -
For the record, rounding up dissidents and herding them into concentration camps
is a fascist tactic. Criticizing politicians with hyperbole, on the other hand, is all-American.
http://www.mediachannel.org/wordpress/2006/12/22/fascist-mike-gallagher-decries-liberal-comparisons-of-bush-administration-to-fascism/
- - -

-Marie-

Kathy

Postby Kathy » Sun Dec 24, 2006 11:53 am

To get serious for a moment here...

There is something that truly bugs me about Godwin's Law, and that is this: While it was originally created for, and is frequently apt when referring to, the rantings of people who get into arguments on the Internets, the problem with it is that it reinforces the concept of Hitler's kind of evil as having been something unique, apart, and different from any other kind of evil ever perpetrated on mankind. In other words, the idea that Hitler's evil was a special thing unto itself and that absolutely no other form of evil that has ever happened in this world, or that is happening today, can or should possibly be compared to it, or is anything similar to it, ever.

Now, it's true that comparisons to Hitler and Nazis should not be made lightly, and making them even for comic effect can offend the sensibilities of those who suffered through the real thing and hardly think of it as a joke. (Then again, Seinfeld and its "Soup Nazi" seem to have broken through that particular barrier and made it permissible societally to refer to anyone who is nasty and dictatorial about anything as a "Nazi," whether or not it's in good taste.) However, I think there is nothing wrong with comparing forms of evil to Nazism, and even doing so to comic effect in order to make one's point, when those forms of evil are so evil as to provide one with serious trouble in distinguishing them from Nazism.

Is it wrong to call it fascist to believe that people's opinions should be squelched? is it wrong to call it fascist when people express support for the idea of rouding up and detaining others simply because of their ethnicity, religious beliefs or the opinions they express? I don't think so. I don't think that comparing those actions, or opinions expressed in support of those actions, to fascism or Nazism or Hitler is at all misplaced, and I don't think Godwin's Law should apply.

I think we make a very grave mistake when we take the Nazi era and Hitler's Germany and set it apart in its own little shrine as a unique form of evil that happened in the past and to which nothing else should be compared. After all, I'm sure that when the events were falling into place for that era, people never anticipated that they would turn out as they did. It didn't happen all at once; it was a sequence of events that each on their own might have been discounted as not meaning that much, but when taken together resulted in an incomprehensible form of brutality. It was also a series of changes in the human heart that made it possible for people to do such things to their fellow man and not have their consicences troubled by it, or in many cases to feel downright good that they were doing it.

If we tell ourselves that can't happen to us, or in our society, or that we would never let such a thing happen...well, I'm sure that that's what many people in that time and that place told themselves, too. But it did.

No, our superior knowledge, or experience, or the fact that we are in a different country, will not save us. We like to think they will, but they won't.

The pledge humankind has made to itself about that era is: "Never again." Well, if we don't keep a careful eye out for the small events that, in sequence, add up to such a thing becoming possible, and try to do something to prevent them, it damn well will. The more we tell ourselves it can't, the more we become lax about allowing those events to take place again and make it possible.

That phrase "the banality of evil" comes to mind. We want to think of Hitler and the people who helped him execute his plans as uniquely wicked monsters, because it makes it easier to believe we would never do anything like they did. But they were not. They were human beings. They all started out as squalling naked babies just like the rest of us. It's what happened afterward that set them apart and made them capable of the worst crimes ever perpetrated on humanity. And if we're not careful, the same thing could happen to us.

And I think that's all the more likely to happen the more we play silly games with ourselves like "If you mention Hitler, you automatically lose the argument." It makes no more sense than the rule in the game of tag that if you touch a certain tree, you're safe. Fascism, and preventing fascism, is not a game. It is not an argument to be won or lost. The only way everyone wins is when fascism doesn't happen. Period.

And saying that people who call the quelling of dissenting opinions "fascism" should be rounded up and put in detention camps for that opinion...well, that's the height of irony. But the fact that the people advocating it don't even see that is, well, extremely scary.
...if you don't stick up for the freedom of all opinion, eventually the wheel will turn, you'll be the minority and you'll have written the rules by which you yourself are squashed. -- Keith Olbermann

Return to “2006”