Don't Get Your Knickers In A Twist...

Keith Olbermann Stuff From 2006 (2005 was accidently deleted)
Slfriend79
Site Admin

Don't Get Your Knickers In A Twist...

Postby Slfriend79 » Sun Dec 17, 2006 1:07 am

But KO maybe off next week. [smilie=pdt_piratz_11.gif]

I was checking my 'Directv Watchword' (I have KO in there so I know when he's going to be on other show and when. Yellow_Flash_Colorz_PDT_02 ) and it showed that Monday at 8:00 PM on MSNBC, instead of 'Countdown', will be 'The Best Of Keith Olbermann's Special Comments'. [smilie=redcolorz3_pdt_20.gif]

And on Tuesday it will be 'Countdown: Best Of Oddball'. [smilie=redcolorz3_pdt_04.gif]

The thing is though :-k ...Both those nights at Midnight 'Watchword' shows 'Countdown With Keith Olbermann', not the specials. :sign1

I won't know about Wednesday until tomorrow afternoon. Yellow_Flash_Colorz_PDT_32
" I'm not scared of Hell. It's just Heaven for bad people." Peter Capaldi As The Twelfth Doctor - Heaven Sent

Keyser Soze

Postby Keyser Soze » Sun Dec 17, 2006 1:18 am

According to TV-Guide, that is the schedule for the remainder of the year?
Simplicity is the key to brilliance - Bruce Lee

Trekkerlass

Postby Trekkerlass » Sun Dec 17, 2006 1:55 am

He deserves some time off. I hope his Christmas is merry and bright.
'What are the lessons to be learned from this journey of the mind "through the universe"? That humans are emotionally fragile, perennially gullible, hopelessly ignorant masters of an insignificantly small speck in the cosmos. Have a nice day.'--Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Keyser Soze

Postby Keyser Soze » Sun Dec 17, 2006 2:39 am

Trekkerlass wrote:He deserves some time off. I hope his Christmas is merry and bright.

Totally. But the schedule seems really odd. Pretty much the same show every other day, and a midnite countdown? Hmmm.
Simplicity is the key to brilliance - Bruce Lee

Kathy

Postby Kathy » Sun Dec 17, 2006 2:36 pm

Yeah, that's what my cable schedule is showing when I check the schedule on the TV. It says "K. Olbermann" some nights at 8 (with no description of what that is) and "Countdown: Best of Oddball" on other nights. But every midnight still says "Countdown with Keith Olbermann."

My schedule runs only through Friday so I don't know whether that's the story for the whole rest of the year or not.

It will be good to have a whole show full of Special Comments, because the ratings for that show will be a good measure of the popularity of these comments in general. I imagine a lot of people will record them.

But while I want him to have a good time, boy, will I miss him if he will be gone that long.
...if you don't stick up for the freedom of all opinion, eventually the wheel will turn, you'll be the minority and you'll have written the rules by which you yourself are squashed. -- Keith Olbermann

Trekkie

Postby Trekkie » Sun Dec 17, 2006 10:48 pm

My TiVo schedule for now through Friday December 29th has either "Special Comments" or "Best of Oddball" at 8pm EST every night.
Tenth Doctor:
"I'm the Doctor and you're in the biggest Library in the universe. Look me up." - Forest Of The Dead

"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes 'ding' when there's stuff." - Blink

Slfriend79
Site Admin

Postby Slfriend79 » Mon Dec 18, 2006 3:02 pm

Just got done listening to the 'Big Show', and it sounded as if the usual 'Countdown' will be on tonight at 8PM EST. \:D/

Dan did his usual "Countdown tonight at 8." and KO said "Yeah." [smilie=redcolorz3_pdt_02.gif]

Maybe somebody a MSNBC goofed and put out next weeks schedule early. :-k
" I'm not scared of Hell. It's just Heaven for bad people." Peter Capaldi As The Twelfth Doctor - Heaven Sent

Charity Froggenhall

Postby Charity Froggenhall » Mon Dec 18, 2006 3:13 pm

That would make more sense for him to be off the week after Christmas instead of the week before. The Daily Show and Colbert Report are off that whole week too!
"It's such a simple thing, really. It's an awareness that the other people in the world are other people, and that you are one of them. That every time you have a chance to help somebody out, to do what's right instead of what you think you're supposed to do, you should do it." -- Keith Olbermann, 1998 Cornell Senior Convocation Speech

Lauralu

Postby Lauralu » Mon Dec 18, 2006 3:21 pm

Whew! I wasn't prepared to go without C/D this week. Christmas and New Years with no C/D, TDS or Colbert? Yikes..the withrawl pains are going to be excruciating!

Trekkie

Postby Trekkie » Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:37 pm

I'm going to post the topic shells as normal, but I will also check when I get home tonight. If KO's gone into reruns, the shells will simply be rolled over to the next new show (which may not be until 1/2/07).
Tenth Doctor:
"I'm the Doctor and you're in the biggest Library in the universe. Look me up." - Forest Of The Dead

"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes 'ding' when there's stuff." - Blink

Slfriend79
Site Admin

Postby Slfriend79 » Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:06 pm

Trekkie Wrote:

I'm going to post the topic shells as normal, but I will also check when I get home tonight. If KO's gone into reruns, the shells will simply be rolled over to the next new show (which may not be until 1/2/07).

That would make for a great Birthday present for me. :party

:LMAO

Slfriend79
Site Admin

Postby Slfriend79 » Mon Dec 18, 2006 9:19 pm

Oh well, it was the 'Best Of...' show after all. :tv

At least we got to see KO PDT_Love_26 and it wasn't the regular 'Countdown' with a substitute Yellow_Flash_Colorz_PDT_32 , like Brian Unger. [smilie=pdt_piratz_16.gif]

Lauralu

Postby Lauralu » Mon Dec 18, 2006 9:30 pm

I am still unclear about whether the 9 p.m. (California Time) broadcast is going to be different..?

Kathy

Postby Kathy » Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:04 am

I guess now we know it won't.

They just didn't bother to change the wording on the reruns, is all.
...if you don't stick up for the freedom of all opinion, eventually the wheel will turn, you'll be the minority and you'll have written the rules by which you yourself are squashed. -- Keith Olbermann

Left Coast Bill

Postby Left Coast Bill » Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:09 pm

At the risk of getting flamed...

There is a loss of credibility here. If the mainstream news media decided to take two weeks off and do reruns they would be roundly criticized for their failure to serve the public interest. But cable news can do precisely that, so what does that make them? Entertainment, not news.

If cable news wants to be taken seriously as news media than they need to fill that role responsibly. If KO needs a week or two off, fine, then use a fill-in anchor. But to decide that nothing is going to happen for the next two weeks that needs to be reported or discussed so we will just all have fun discredits you as serious news media.

I won't be watching for the next couple weeks and, if I haven't found something that serves my purpose by then, I'll be back after the first of the year. If I do find a real news service before then, I'll stay there.

Return to “2006”