Blogging Countdown 12/15 #4: Sorry, No Singles

Keith Olbermann Stuff From 2006 (2005 was accidently deleted)
Trekkie

Blogging Countdown 12/15 #4: Sorry, No Singles

Postby Trekkie » Fri Dec 15, 2006 2:44 pm

In an interview with People magazine, First Lady Laura Bush says that while Secretary of State Condi Rice would make an excellent President, she would not win because she is an only child, is not married and has very few "supportive" friends, all qualities Mrs. Bush feels are necessary to the job.

Bloomberg News' Margaret Carlson joins Keith.
Tenth Doctor:
"I'm the Doctor and you're in the biggest Library in the universe. Look me up." - Forest Of The Dead

"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes 'ding' when there's stuff." - Blink

Slfriend79
Site Admin

Postby Slfriend79 » Sat Dec 16, 2006 6:23 am

Hey Laura! This is 2006 not 1956. :boink
"Laugh hard, run fast, be kind." - Peter Capaldi as the Twelfth Doctor (Twice Upon A Time)

JennyB

Postby JennyB » Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:56 am

I don't like her either. But Laura was really out of line with her remarks.

the roser

Postby the roser » Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:16 am

Condi is pure evil. But anybody who thought the Repugs would ever consider a black woman for the nomination is smokin' shoe leather. :lol:

I've often been suprised by the level of hostility shown by conservative women towards women who opt for career over family.

brooklynbilly

Postby brooklynbilly » Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:59 am

roser wrote:

I've often been suprised by the level of hostility shown by conservative women towards women who opt for career over family.

It's akin to the level of hostility shown by many "feminists"to those women who choose to stay home with their children.

dejapig
Site Admin

Postby dejapig » Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:08 am

That's quite a generalization billy, but true feminists believe in women being able to do whatever fulfills them--whether that entails working outside the home or in it. And FYI, every mother is a working mother.
Be who you are & say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter & those who matter don't mind. --Dr. Seuss
Keith Olbermann rocks! --dejapig

SusieQ
Site Admin

Postby SusieQ » Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:29 am

I have been a stay at home mom for the majority of my time as a mom, and I have never felt any hostility from the moms that work outside the home, that I have met. Most are envious of our families ability to be able to have one parent at home. What I do notice, however, is that alot of stay at home moms that I know now are very judgmental towards women who do work. I hear comments all the time about the fact that it is because moms choose to work outside the home that has caused the downfall of families. I think people tend to be judgmental of those that choose a different path, partly because it makes them feel better with their choice. Nothing to do with the politics of feminism though. Just insecurity rearing it's ugly head once and a while.
The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness.
-John Kenneth Galbraith

A conservative is a man with two perfectly good legs, who, however, has never learned to walk forward.
-Franklin D. Roosevelt

brooklynbilly

Postby brooklynbilly » Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:30 am

dejapig wrote:

That's quite a generalization billy, but true feminists believe in women being able to do whatever fulfills them--whether that entails working outside the home or in it. And FYI, every mother is a working mother.

I was responding to Mr roser's ridiculous generalization.

Lauralu

Postby Lauralu » Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:36 am

Keithlite, I've been a stay-home mom for 11 years and it's 99.9% worth it. I think it was "Dr." Laura who started the working mom bashing about 15 years ago. I do believe when the "mama's" happy, everybody is happy! Ain't that right???

the roser

Postby the roser » Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:42 am

Guilty BB. I should have said "some conservative women". I haven't seen the type of hostility you describe for a couple of decades. Most feminists just want women to have the choice to live their lives as they see fit. The Dr. Lauras of the world blame the downfall of society on selfish working mothers. Of course she grants herself an exeption.

Return to “2006”