Blogging Countdown 12/15 #5a: His Final Bow

Keith Olbermann Stuff From 2006 (2005 was accidently deleted)
Trekkie

Blogging Countdown 12/15 #5a: His Final Bow

Postby Trekkie » Fri Dec 15, 2006 2:43 pm

Keith is in New York.

Donald Rumsfeld gets a full departure ceremony from the Pentagon today, with President Bush praising him and saying that the military was better off in the long run with Rumsfeld in charge.

Vice President Dick Cheney adds even more praise, but has otherwise been silent at public events this past week. According to U.S. News & World Report, Cheney may be distancing himself from Bush so that any failure in Iraq will not also tarnish Cheney's legacy.

Dana Milbank joins Keith.
Tenth Doctor:
"I'm the Doctor and you're in the biggest Library in the universe. Look me up." - Forest Of The Dead

"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes 'ding' when there's stuff." - Blink

Keyser Soze

Postby Keyser Soze » Sat Dec 16, 2006 3:23 am

Rumsfeld got the farewell of a King... perhaps to keep him from writing a tell-all book? Doubt it. We'll have a tell-all book after Bush leaves office.

That was that bullsh*t about the Time Man of the Year?
Simplicity is the key to brilliance - Bruce Lee

Slfriend79
Site Admin

Postby Slfriend79 » Sat Dec 16, 2006 6:10 am

Donald Rumsfeld gets a full departure ceremony from the Pentagon today, with President Bush praising him and saying that the military was better off in the long run with Rumsfeld in charge.

Right. ](*,)

Vice President Dick Cheney adds even more praise, but has otherwise been silent at public events this past week.

Praise The Lord. [-o<

According to U.S. News & World Report, Cheney may be distancing himself from Bush so that any failure in Iraq will not also tarnish Cheney's legacy.

What a hypocrite! :boink

He was the biggest Cheerleader for the War. :cheer

"Laugh hard, run fast, be kind." - Peter Capaldi as the Twelfth Doctor (Twice Upon A Time)

OlbermannBuiltMyHotRod

Postby OlbermannBuiltMyHotRod » Sat Dec 16, 2006 4:31 pm

According to U.S. News & World Report, Cheney may be distancing himself from Bush so that any failure in Iraq will not also tarnish Cheney's legacy.

yeah. good luck, Dick. as far as i'm concerned, he's even worse than Bush and his hopes of salvaging a legacy that doesn't include the clusterfuck that is the war in Iraq have about a snowball's chance in hell. i want some of whatever he's smoking.
HotRod: "they're real, and they're spectacular"

...every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end...

- Semisonic/Closing Time

Return to “2006”