Blogging Countdown 12/14 Worst Person In The World

Keith Olbermann Stuff From 2006 (2005 was accidently deleted)
the roser

Postby the roser » Mon Dec 18, 2006 1:57 pm

Diogenes Apolloniates or Diogenes the Cynic?

brooklynbilly

Postby brooklynbilly » Mon Dec 18, 2006 2:08 pm

The Cynic.

SusieQ
Site Admin

Postby SusieQ » Mon Dec 18, 2006 2:30 pm

Okay. I can sort of see the part of Diogenes that Paris might reflect. Usually I associate Diogenes with hardship and the giving up of wealth. But the one aspect, the doing anything in public you might do in private, could be the only minuscule trait that Paris has. I still don't see how bb made that transition. He means to make our brains implode. ](*,)
The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness.
-John Kenneth Galbraith

A conservative is a man with two perfectly good legs, who, however, has never learned to walk forward.
-Franklin D. Roosevelt

brooklynbilly

Postby brooklynbilly » Mon Dec 18, 2006 2:36 pm

Keithite-my reference was to roser's assumption that all Republicans lie and that Democrats are truthful.My contention is that like Diogenes it would be hard to find "one honest man"in Washington.

the roser

Postby the roser » Mon Dec 18, 2006 3:20 pm

brooklynbilly wrote:Keithite-my reference was to roser's assumption that all Republicans lie and that Democrats are truthful.My contention is that like Diogenes it would be hard to find "one honest man"in Washington.

Lighten up mary it's Christmastime.You take yourself just a little too seriously.

brooklynbilly

Postby brooklynbilly » Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:05 pm

To the surprise of absolutely no one Mike Nifong has dropped rape charges against the three Duke students.Other charges are still pending.
I hope when this is over that Nifong is made to pay for his politically inspired persecution of these young men.Here is a man whowould send three innocent (rich,white,probably Republican) people to jail for 25 years to insure his electability.

SusieQ
Site Admin

Postby SusieQ » Fri Dec 22, 2006 2:08 pm

Is it the rich that equals republican or the white, billy?
The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness.
-John Kenneth Galbraith

A conservative is a man with two perfectly good legs, who, however, has never learned to walk forward.
-Franklin D. Roosevelt

brooklynbilly

Postby brooklynbilly » Fri Dec 22, 2006 2:45 pm

Keithite asked:

Is it the rich that equals republican or the white, billy?

I'm saying that that is the way Nifong sees it.This whole effort on his part stinks of racial politics.He needed black votes to stay in office and saw this as an opportunity to keep his job by pandering to an angry constituancy.
It's "Bonfire of the Vanities" redux.

Return to “2006”