Blogging Countdown 12/12 #3b: Diana 10 Years Later

Keith Olbermann Stuff From 2006 (2005 was accidently deleted)
Trekkie

Blogging Countdown 12/12 #3b: Diana 10 Years Later

Postby Trekkie » Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:42 pm

Ten years after the death of Princess Diana, the findings of the inquiry into her death by the British government will be released on Thursday.

In the meantime, Princes William and Harry announce that a memorial service for their mother will be held on the anniversary of her death, and a charity concert in London will occur on what would have been her 46th birthday.

Soundbites:

3. The Daily Show - Farewell to the 109th Congress.

2. Seattle-Tacoma International Airport - The Christmas trees are back.

1. Danny DeVito - On his performance on "The View" - he says he was joking and was just groggy.
Tenth Doctor:
"I'm the Doctor and you're in the biggest Library in the universe. Look me up." - Forest Of The Dead

"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes 'ding' when there's stuff." - Blink

Slfriend79
Site Admin

Postby Slfriend79 » Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:03 pm

Ten years after the death of Princess Diana, the findings of the inquiry into her death by the British government will be released on Thursday.

Her death was so sad.

In the meantime, Princes William and Harry announce that a memorial service for their mother will be held on the anniversary of her death, and a charity concert in London will occur on what would have been her 46th birthday.

Those poor boys.

Soundbites:

3. The Daily Show - Farewell to the 109th Congress.

:LMAO :happy :LMAO

2. Seattle-Tacoma International Airport - The Christmas trees are back.

Happy Larry. ](*,)

1. Danny DeVito - On his performance on "The View" - he says he was joking and was just groggy.

Right. :roll:
"Laugh hard, run fast, be kind." - Peter Capaldi as the Twelfth Doctor (Twice Upon A Time)

Charity Froggenhall

Postby Charity Froggenhall » Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:17 am

Boy, haven't the princes turned out handsome! And they're so cute with each other. "Shut UP!"

I was 10 years old and I got up at 4:00 in the morning to watch Charles and Diana's wedding on TV...
"It's such a simple thing, really. It's an awareness that the other people in the world are other people, and that you are one of them. That every time you have a chance to help somebody out, to do what's right instead of what you think you're supposed to do, you should do it." -- Keith Olbermann, 1998 Cornell Senior Convocation Speech

Left Coast Bill

Postby Left Coast Bill » Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:42 am

I'm on the side of the Seattle-Tacoma airport. The threat was to sue unless the airport put up a menorah of matching size and the airport did not want cost of defending agianst such a suit or the risk that, having bowed to the threat, they would be adding other symbols ad infinitum.

Their response said, in effect, "If these trees are so offensive to you that you are threatening to sue us about them, we will take them down." That's a pretty reasonable response.

The rabbi withdrew the threat, and the airport put the trees back up.

In my opinion the rabbi was out of line. Christmas trees have been legally established as a secular symbol of the holiday. Had the airport put up a row of crosses, he would have had a very valid point, but it was decorated trees, not religious symbols.

the roser

Postby the roser » Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:49 am

My understanding is the rabbi never threatened to sue. He asked the airport to put up a menorah which he offered to provide. The airport freaked out and removed the trees in an effort to avoid any potential legal action.

Left Coast Bill

Postby Left Coast Bill » Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:29 am

You may be right, but the article in our paper said they were removed in response to the threat of a lawsuit and replaced when the rabbi agreed not to sue. The San Diego paper kind of sucks, but they usually have facts correct when they do print them.

Return to “2006”