Blogging Countdown 12/12 #2: Wii & Keeping Tabs

Keith Olbermann Stuff From 2006 (2005 was accidently deleted)
Trekkie

Blogging Countdown 12/12 #2: Wii & Keeping Tabs

Postby Trekkie » Tue Dec 12, 2006 1:02 pm

The Nintendo Wii is in a bit of a pickle - the control units are flying out of the hands of users and breaking TVs and putting holes in the walls.

Nintendo is investigating, but claims the problem is over-enthusiastic users.

Tom Merritt (CNet.com) joins Keith. (Keith also extends condolences on the death of James Kim to Merritt and CNet.)

Keeping Tabs:

Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie - Jolie describes to Vogue how she and Pitt hooked up.

Lindsay Lohan - Says she's been going to A.A. for a year, but also admits she's only been seven days from a drink.
Tenth Doctor:
"I'm the Doctor and you're in the biggest Library in the universe. Look me up." - Forest Of The Dead

"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes 'ding' when there's stuff." - Blink

Slfriend79
Site Admin

Postby Slfriend79 » Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:08 pm

The Nintendo Wii is in a bit of a pickle - the control units are flying out of the hands of users and breaking TVs and putting holes in the walls.

Big Oops! :doh

Nintendo is investigating, but claims the problem is over-enthusiastic users.

No, it's Nintendo's piece of crap. :evil:

Keeping Tabs:

Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie - Jolie describes to Vogue how she and Pitt hooked up.

Thanks for clearing that up AJ. Yellow_Flash_Colorz_PDT_31

Lindsay Lohan - Says she's been going to A.A. for a year, but also admits she's only been seven days from a drink.

Big Deal. :zzz
"Laugh hard, run fast, be kind." - Peter Capaldi as the Twelfth Doctor (Twice Upon A Time)

King George

Postby King George » Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:19 am

Slfriend79 wrote:[Nintendo is investigating, but claims the problem is over-enthusiastic users.

No, it's Nintendo's piece of crap. :evil:

I don't mean to be rude but, can I ask you a question? Have you actually tried playing the Wii? I have said this once and I will say it again, these people are idiots. I have a Wii and I know from personal experience that you really don't need to swing the controller that hard to make it work. Hell, if someone swings a baseball bat hard enough it could also fly out of their hands and the same is true with a golf club.
"The future does not belong to those who are content with today, apathetic toward common problems and their fellow man alike, timid and fearful in the face of bold projects and new ideas. Rather, it will belong to those who can blend passion, reason and courage in a personal commitment to the great enterprises and ideals of American society."~Robert F. Kennedy

Slfriend79
Site Admin

Postby Slfriend79 » Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:38 am

King George Wrote:

I don't mean to be rude but, can I ask you a question? Have you actually tried playing the Wii?

First: I don't think you are being rude. :)

I enjoy your post here, I find them very entertaining. :dwink

Second: I don't mind answering your question at all. :banana

Third: No I haven't played the Wii system yet [-( , but I have had bad experiences with every Nintendo product I have ever purchased and that is why I called the product crap. :evil:
"Laugh hard, run fast, be kind." - Peter Capaldi as the Twelfth Doctor (Twice Upon A Time)

Keyser Soze

Postby Keyser Soze » Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:44 am

Very nice of KO to offer condolences for the loss of James Kim to the CNET editor. He seemed very touched by the sentiment.
Simplicity is the key to brilliance - Bruce Lee

King George

Postby King George » Wed Dec 13, 2006 1:03 am

Slfriend79 wrote:Third: No I haven't played the Wii system yet [-( , but I have had bad experiences with every Nintendo product I have ever purchased and that is why I called the product crap. :evil:

I see, I am glad you didn't take my question the wrong way. I can't imagine what those bad experiences you have had with Nintendo must have been like, because most of the experiences I have had with Nintendo stuff has been relatively positive. But I respect that.
"The future does not belong to those who are content with today, apathetic toward common problems and their fellow man alike, timid and fearful in the face of bold projects and new ideas. Rather, it will belong to those who can blend passion, reason and courage in a personal commitment to the great enterprises and ideals of American society."~Robert F. Kennedy

Kathy

Postby Kathy » Wed Dec 13, 2006 5:52 am

Keyser Soze wrote:Very nice of KO to offer condolences for the loss of James Kim to the CNET editor. He seemed very touched by the sentiment.

Yes, that was a good example of the graciousness that is Keith. It was as if something hit him: "Oh dear, I'm talking to someone from CNET, it's only right to offer him condolences on our behalf." Good show, KO.
...if you don't stick up for the freedom of all opinion, eventually the wheel will turn, you'll be the minority and you'll have written the rules by which you yourself are squashed. -- Keith Olbermann

Return to “2006”