Blogging Countdown 12/11 Oddball/Newsmakers

Keith Olbermann Stuff From 2006 (2005 was accidently deleted)
Trekkie

Blogging Countdown 12/11 Oddball/Newsmakers

Postby Trekkie » Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:33 am

1932 - Anne Heywood (born Violet Pretty) was born.

Oddball:

Northern Italy - Town installs a mirror at the top of the valley in order to give the town some sunlight during the winter (84 days out of the year the town gets no light).

Seattle - Seattle-Tacoma Airport remoces all Christmas trees from the airport after a Rabbi requested that a menorah be displayed.

Dresden, Germany - A 3.3 ton raisin cake.

London, England - Figgy Pudding Race

Newsmakers:

3. Nepal Airlines - Posters encouraging travel to the region actually show a mountain range in Peru rather than the Himalayas.

2. Jimmy Johnson - NASCAR Champion breaks his wrist while falling off the roof of a golf cart.

1. Two English Campers - A massive search for two campers that had gone missing is called off when they are found at home. Apparently they heard a strange noise and abandoned their campsite.
Tenth Doctor:
"I'm the Doctor and you're in the biggest Library in the universe. Look me up." - Forest Of The Dead

"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes 'ding' when there's stuff." - Blink

Slfriend79
Site Admin

Postby Slfriend79 » Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:03 am

Oddball:

Northern Italy - Town installs a mirror at the top of the valley in order to give the town some sunlight during the winter (84 days out of the year the town gets no light).

Hey folks, if you want Sunshine in the winter :-k ...Move the town. :dwink

Seattle - Seattle-Tacoma Airport remoces all Christmas trees from the airport after a Rabbi requested that a menorah be displayed.

Jerks...Put up the Menorah. [smilie=redcolorz3_pdt_19.gif]

Dresden, Germany - A 3.3 ton raisin cake.

Ahhhh...Raisin Cake. :drooler

London, England - Figgy Pudding Race.

You got to love the British. Yellow_Flash_Colorz_PDT_02

Newsmakers:

3. Nepal Airlines - Posters encouraging travel to the region actually show a mountain range in Peru rather than the Himalayas.

Oops. #-o

2. Jimmy Johnson - NASCAR Champion breaks his wrist while falling off the roof of a golf cart.

And here they were trying to get rid of the image that NASCAR was nothing but a bunch of Rednecks. :boink

1. Two English Campers - A massive search for two campers that had gone missing is called off when they are found at home. Apparently they heard a strange noise and abandoned their campsite.

Big Babies. [smilie=pdt_piratz_11.gif]
"Laugh hard, run fast, be kind." - Peter Capaldi as the Twelfth Doctor (Twice Upon A Time)

Keyser Soze

Postby Keyser Soze » Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:15 am

We have a Menorah at my work AND a Christmas tree... and I work for a company that got its start being promoted by Focus on the Family. I would figure Seattle Airport would be even more accommodating
Simplicity is the key to brilliance - Bruce Lee

Return to “2006”