Baseball anyone?

Keith Olbermann Stuff From 2006 (2005 was accidently deleted)
Erich

Baseball anyone?

Postby Erich » Sat Dec 09, 2006 10:41 pm

Hey all, just lookin for a nice baseball thread. So I figured i'd start one.. haha

Well it looks like this year's off season is a major prelude to the 07 season. I'm a diehard Chicago Cubs fan, have been all my life. I can't be any happier with what has happened with the Cubs organization so far. Granted the Ted Lilly signing wasn't exactly top news, and really he isn't all that great of a pitcher, but no one can deny the fact that the Cubs will be one hell of a force to be reckoned with next year!

Also, there are some other huge moves that have caught my eye. The whole Barry Bonds deal... All I can see happening with that signing is that they are looking to fill the seats in hopes of Bonds hitting for the all time HR record. I personally think he won't even get close.. Thats just me.. I think now that he's done pumpin the Andro into his behind, he's falling apart and won't be able to stay healthy enough to play.

To the Yankee fans out there.. How bout the move to get Pettite! I find that to be one of the coolest things to happen besides the Cubs signing Soriano. Pettite is one of baseball's modern greats who definitely deserves to retire as a Yankee, where he won his rings. I also have heard rumors of the rocket making a return trip.. I haven't heard much since then, but that would be amazing. Johnson, Clemons, Pettite, Mussina, and Pavano. You cannot ask for a better starting rotation... It doesn't get any better than that people! I just wish the Cubbies could find a way to recover Prior and Wood to make our rotation strong. Zambrano, Prior, Wood, Marquis and Lilly.. Ehh not so attractive as the yanks starting rotation, but it'll do.. :spin

I'm interested in any thoughts anyone may have, It's hard to find a really good baseball forum thread that doesn't have young kids bashing every word you say, but I think this place isn't like that.

Return to “2006”