Blogging Countdown 12/8 Oddball/Newsmakers

Keith Olbermann Stuff From 2006 (2005 was accidently deleted)
Trekkie

Blogging Countdown 12/8 Oddball/Newsmakers

Postby Trekkie » Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:27 am

1894 - Author and cartoonist James Thurber was born today.

Oddball:

Egypt - Meeting of the Distinctive Mustache Club.

Mexico City - Man dubbed "The French Spider-Man" free-climbs the side of a 23-story building in about 30 minutes.

Newsmakers:

3. Lunar Landholders - NASA says that property rights to the moon are governed by the United Nations, so anyone who bought land rights has been swindled.

2. John McCartney - Skier rescued someone who had become trapped in an air pocket, only to discover afterwards that it was his wife.

1. Richard Earl Melton - Arkansas man arrested fro driving his pickup truck into his kid's school. No one was hurt, but he's a Newsmaker for the mug shot.
Tenth Doctor:
"I'm the Doctor and you're in the biggest Library in the universe. Look me up." - Forest Of The Dead

"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes 'ding' when there's stuff." - Blink

Slfriend79
Site Admin

Postby Slfriend79 » Sat Dec 09, 2006 4:31 pm

Oddball:

Egypt - Meeting of the Distinctive Mustache Club.

I've never been a Mustache fan. Yellow_Flash_Colorz_PDT_31

Mexico City - Man dubbed "The French Spider-Man" free-climbs the side of a 23-story building in about 30 minutes.

What some people will do to be in the News. :lame

Newsmakers:

3. Lunar Landholders - NASA says that property rights to the moon are governed by the United Nations, so anyone who bought land rights has been swindled.

Damn! [smilie=pdt_piratz_09.gif] So much for the Condo I was planning to build in 'The Sea Of Tranquility'. [smilie=pdt_piratz_11.gif]

2. John McCartney - Skier rescued someone who had become trapped in an air pocket, only to discover afterwards that it was his wife.

Honey? :sign1

1. Richard Earl Melton - Arkansas man arrested fro driving his pickup truck into his kid's school. No one was hurt, but he's a Newsmaker for the mug shot.

You might be a Redneck if... Yellow_Flash_Colorz_PDT_02 :LMAO
"Laugh hard, run fast, be kind." - Peter Capaldi as the Twelfth Doctor (Twice Upon A Time)

OlbermannBuiltMyHotRod

Postby OlbermannBuiltMyHotRod » Sat Dec 09, 2006 6:55 pm

Richard Earl Melton - Arkansas man arrested fro driving his pickup truck into his kid's school. No one was hurt, but he's a Newsmaker for the mug shot.

was that "Dueling Banjos" i heard or just my imagination? if so, that was classic. and for the record, i think that if "Earl" is part of your name and not also a title of nobility, you are automatically a redneck unless some sort of special waiver is filed with the birth certificate.
HotRod: "they're real, and they're spectacular"

...every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end...

- Semisonic/Closing Time

Kathy

Postby Kathy » Sun Dec 10, 2006 12:39 pm

I'm a little surprised, to be honest. Does that mean that Keith actually thinks THIS mugshot is even worse than his previous all-time favorite, Gold Rust-Oleum Huffing Guy? I don't know. I'm not sure that just looking like an ignorant hick and getting your mug shot taken while dressed like one of Dexy's Midnight Runners is quite enough to beat that.
...if you don't stick up for the freedom of all opinion, eventually the wheel will turn, you'll be the minority and you'll have written the rules by which you yourself are squashed. -- Keith Olbermann

Return to “2006”