Scarborough Just Plugs Keith!!!

Keith Olbermann Stuff From 2006 (2005 was accidently deleted)
larryHARRIET

Scarborough Just Plugs Keith!!!

Postby larryHARRIET » Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:50 pm

Scarborough just plugged Keith. He said that Keith is not a liberal just disgusted with the Bush admin's policies. I kinda feel the same way as Keith, I actually have conservative values but I'm disgusted with what the Bush clown admin is doing!

Go Scarborough!

Slfriend79
Site Admin

Postby Slfriend79 » Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:07 pm

larryHARRIET Wrote:

Scarborough just plugged Keith. He said that Keith is not a liberal just disgusted with the Bush admin's policies.

[smilie=redcolorz3_pdt_04.gif] ...Was he defending KO because of something someone on JC's show said about him? :-s

(P.S. Thought this was a better OD thread so moved it. :spin )
"Laugh hard, run fast, be kind." - Peter Capaldi as the Twelfth Doctor (Twice Upon A Time)

TimidOne

Postby TimidOne » Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:25 pm

larryHARRIET: What are "Conservative Values"? I know they've changed over the past 20 years.
"These times require more than a good soldier, they require a wise leader"
Senator Joe Biden - 8/23/08

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:05 am

Cool! I'm gonna have to tape the last 15 minutes of Scarborough!

-Marie-
(the mad taper)

Kathy

Postby Kathy » Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:18 am

Slfriend79 wrote:larryHARRIET Wrote:

Scarborough just plugged Keith. He said that Keith is not a liberal just disgusted with the Bush admin's policies.

[smilie=redcolorz3_pdt_04.gif] ...Was he defending KO because of something someone on JC's show said about him? :-s

(P.S. Thought this was a better OD thread so moved it. :spin )

It was when they did the part about "Is Billo going off the deep end by saying that 'liberal' news networks are after him and Fox?" You know, the whole demanding-Dan Rather-apologize thing. Both Joe's experts agreed that yes, Billo is going off the deep end! They pointed out that Billo likes to make the claim that Fox News is some kind of contrast to "all" the "other liberal media" and "liberal shows" out there, but as Joe and the experts pointed out, there really aren't a whole bunch of "liberal shows" out there. Keith's, they said, is the only one you might call that, and as Joe pointed out, Keith doesn't think of himself as a liberal, just as someone who is fed up with the actions of the current administration over the past few years.
...if you don't stick up for the freedom of all opinion, eventually the wheel will turn, you'll be the minority and you'll have written the rules by which you yourself are squashed. -- Keith Olbermann

terryballard

Postby terryballard » Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:12 pm

TimidOne wrote:larryHARRIET: What are "Conservative Values"? I know they've changed over the past 20 years.

I'll take that one. Conservatives want government to leave them alone, and they don't like the idea of spending money you don't have. Just like the Bushies - unless we're shredding the constitution to defend ourselves against "terrorists," in which case the government can plant a microphone in everyone's bedroom. Or spending money we don't have on Iraq while we're passing out tax reduction lollypops to our rich pals.
"Once in a while you can get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right."
The Grateful Dead

OlbermannBuiltMyHotRod

Postby OlbermannBuiltMyHotRod » Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:44 am

terryballard wrote:I'll take that one. Conservatives want government to leave them alone, and they don't like the idea of spending money you don't have. Just like the Bushies - unless we're shredding the constitution to defend ourselves against "terrorists," in which case the government can plant a microphone in everyone's bedroom. Or spending money we don't have on Iraq while we're passing out tax reduction lollypops to our rich pals.

in other words, "Conservative Values" = hypocrisy. got it. :spin
HotRod: "they're real, and they're spectacular"

...every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end...

- Semisonic/Closing Time

terryballard

Postby terryballard » Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:42 pm

OlbermannBuiltMyHotRod wrote:
terryballard wrote:I'll take that one. Conservatives want government to leave them alone, and they don't like the idea of spending money you don't have. Just like the Bushies - unless we're shredding the constitution to defend ourselves against "terrorists," in which case the government can plant a microphone in everyone's bedroom. Or spending money we don't have on Iraq while we're passing out tax reduction lollypops to our rich pals.

in other words, "Conservative Values" = hypocrisy. got it. :spin

Well, not quite. That would be true if conservatives and Republicans were the same thing, but they are most certainly not. Today's neocons have hijacked the name conservative and spun it so that whatever Bush does on any given day is the definition of conservative. These people seem to have no values whatsoever, other than the value that they place on their dreams of absolute power. They have replaced values with Talking Points.
"Once in a while you can get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right."
The Grateful Dead

TimidOne

Postby TimidOne » Sun Dec 17, 2006 2:27 am

Thanks Terry. I was curious to read what larry had to offer on this. What then is the dif between Cons & the Libertarians?

:-k
"These times require more than a good soldier, they require a wise leader"
Senator Joe Biden - 8/23/08

Kathy

Postby Kathy » Sun Dec 17, 2006 2:39 pm

TimidOne wrote:Thanks Terry. I was curious to read what larry had to offer on this. What then is the dif between Cons & the Libertarians?

:-k

Lately, a big difference. Libertarians truly don't want the government to regulate ANYTHING individuals choose to do. Conservatives claim they want the government out of people's lives, but they see no problem whatsoever with the government financing and promoting their own socially conservative agenda--banning abortion, banning gay marriage, discouraging two-income families by not helping fund day care, paying for abstinence education to teach kids not to have sex until they're married, etc.
...if you don't stick up for the freedom of all opinion, eventually the wheel will turn, you'll be the minority and you'll have written the rules by which you yourself are squashed. -- Keith Olbermann

Return to “2006”