KEITH'S RETURN

Keith Olbermann Stuff From 2007 and Earlier
goodgirl81

KEITH'S RETURN

Postby goodgirl81 » Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:16 am

Hi there!

I've noticed that Mr. Olbermann has not been on "Countdown" at all this week. I understand it is the holiday season, and he is entitled to his well-merited time off. But does anyone know when he is scheduled to return? Ballpark figure?

Thank you!

Slfriend79
Site Admin

Re: KEITH'S RETURN

Postby Slfriend79 » Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:07 am

I have no idea. :?
"Laugh hard, run fast, be kind." - Peter Capaldi as the Twelfth Doctor (Twice Upon A Time)

Countdownfan2007

Postby Countdownfan2007 » Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:49 pm

My best hope is that he'll be back Sunday for FNiA, but even then I'm not sure. I wouldn't be surprised if he's not on Sunday night.
I am back & here to stay..I hope.

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:05 pm

Countdownfan2007 wrote:My best hope is that he'll be back Sunday for FNiA, but even then I'm not sure. I wouldn't be surprised if he's not on Sunday night.

I wondered about that, too. The weekly press release mentioned him in the studio lineup, but that's been standard wording in all of them from the beginning.

-Marie-

justme2

Postby justme2 » Thu Dec 20, 2007 4:33 pm

With Alison being non-committal about whether she'll be back the following night, I'm sticking to my theory that Keith's fighting off a small bug -- if he's not back on Countdown this week, I'd expect him to do his FNiA duties. And I wouldn't be surprised if there's some pre-taped stuff prepared for the next couple of weeks like they did last year -- I have heard that Harry Reid's keeping a skeleton crew of Senators around to prevent Bush from making any recess appointments, but things pretty much shut down between Friday and the first full week of the New Year news-wise...
"Mr. Bush, you do not own this country!" -- Keith Olbermann, 1/2/07

I support Pretty Bird Woman House

CapitalL

Postby CapitalL » Thu Dec 20, 2007 5:45 pm

I find that amazing - the concept that Senators might actually stay in DC during the holidays? Is this true? Could this be evidence that some of them actually do something resembling work? They'll work thru the holidays, but not grow a spine? My mind is boggled, yes, boggling is definitely happening. :lol:

Keyser Soze

Postby Keyser Soze » Thu Dec 20, 2007 6:40 pm

He's probably off for the rest of the year... also, he has book promotion to do, no? At least we are not getting the Oddball retrospective that was such a treat last year... ;)
Simplicity is the key to brilliance - Bruce Lee

ShadowCell

Postby ShadowCell » Thu Dec 20, 2007 6:49 pm

Keyser Soze wrote:He's probably off for the rest of the year... also, he has book promotion to do, no? At least we are not getting the Oddball retrospective that was such a treat last year... ;)

I bet we will. We'll have about two weeks of December to kill.
Right-wing trolls who have tried to physically threaten me on the Internet: 3

Keyser Soze

Postby Keyser Soze » Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:03 pm

damn... I just went to Democratic Underground and the Daily Blog entry is for the "Oddball Special"... :roll:
Simplicity is the key to brilliance - Bruce Lee

ShadowCell

Postby ShadowCell » Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:05 pm

Yeah, thanks for that.
Right-wing trolls who have tried to physically threaten me on the Internet: 3

Slfriend79
Site Admin

Postby Slfriend79 » Fri Dec 21, 2007 3:07 pm

I saw this on 'TVNewser' today. :grin:

Thursday, Dec 20

Covering the Caucus

CNN and NBC/MSNBC have released their coverage plans for the Iowa Caucus, Thursday Jan. 3.

• For CNN: Wolf Blitzer, Anderson Cooper and Lou Dobbs, "will guide the network's special coverage" from the CNN Election Center in New York. Programming begins at 4pmET and will run "late into the night," with Larry King hosting a special edition of his show at Midnight ET.

• For NBC: Brian Williams and Tim Russert lead coverage live from Iowa. While MSNBC will have Chris Matthews and Keith Olbermann from Election Headquarters in New York. Williams will anchor Nightly News from Iowa Jan. 2 & 3. "Meet the Press" will originate from Iowa Sunday, Dec. 30.

[url=http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/politics/covering_the_caucus_73500.asp]TVNewser[/url]

So Keith should be back by Jan. 2nd :-k , Jan. 3rd at the latest. [smilie=pdt_piratz_20.gif]
"Laugh hard, run fast, be kind." - Peter Capaldi as the Twelfth Doctor (Twice Upon A Time)

Return to “2007”