Blogging Countdown 12/19 #3: Sister Act

Keith Olbermann Stuff From 2007 and Earlier
Trekkie

Blogging Countdown 12/19 #3: Sister Act

Postby Trekkie » Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:13 pm

As if Britney Spears' wasn't enough of a train wreck, now her 16-year-old sister Jamie Lynn is pregnant. The father is Spears' 19-year-old boyfriend (bring questions of statutory rape into play), and she wants to keep the baby. A spokesman for Viacom (owners of Nickelodeon, which airs Spears' "Zoey 101") said they respect her choice to keep the baby, but enormous public pressure to drop the show has already come to bear.

Tom O'Neil (InTouch Weekly) joins Alison.
Tenth Doctor:
"I'm the Doctor and you're in the biggest Library in the universe. Look me up." - Forest Of The Dead

"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes 'ding' when there's stuff." - Blink

Slfriend79
Site Admin

Re: Blogging Countdown 12/19 #3: Sister Act

Postby Slfriend79 » Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:24 pm

Who Cares. :zzz
"Laugh hard, run fast, be kind." - Peter Capaldi as the Twelfth Doctor (Twice Upon A Time)

GoldenGoat

Postby GoldenGoat » Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:50 pm

Now, it is certainly proper to be concerned for Jaime Lynn's well-being. Having a child is an enormous stress to put on a 16 year-old, especially one who has so many other responsibilities to juggle on top of it. The prospective harm this poses to her career only exacerbates this further.

That said, the handling of this story is a joke. Watching Tom O'Neil get on his high horse and grandstand as if he is anything remotely approaching a moral authority was sickening; trash publications like In Touch give journalism itself a bad name and no one has profited more gleefully off of Britney's misfortune than that magazine. He's probably PO'ed that In Touch didn't get the exclusive.

And I hope to god that statutory rape laws don't apply here. Any law which condemns to prison someone for what happens in a committed relationship with someone only three years younger is contemptible.
"Don't take refuge in the false security of concensus."

- Christopher Hitchens

Lauralu

Postby Lauralu » Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:04 am

Absolutely spot on, GG!

Alber1690

Postby Alber1690 » Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:22 am

Video's here. Enjoy.

"Success fools people into thinking they can't lose" - Bill Gates

Early Blake

Postby Early Blake » Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:48 am

It's kind of spooky how much she looks like her sister. Maybe she's trying to embarrass the guy into marrying her. Who the hell is going to bring this kid up?

oldladyinashoe

Postby oldladyinashoe » Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:49 am

I hope it's not the grandmother - she's done a not-so-great job with the 2 girls she has so far. I'm really not in a position to talk, only have boys and if they dared do anything these girls have done, their father would send them to military school. Hey, not a bad idea, anyway, gotta run it by hubby.

justme2

Postby justme2 » Thu Dec 20, 2007 4:18 pm

oldladyinashoe wrote:I hope it's not the grandmother - she's done a not-so-great job with the 2 girls she has so far. I'm really not in a position to talk, only have boys and if they dared do anything these girls have done, their father would send them to military school. Hey, not a bad idea, anyway, gotta run it by hubby.

My brother used to say that the Lord has angels for drunks and fools so he had double coverage -- considering some of the stunts he and I pulled, we're lucky we didn't end up in a worse pickle than any of the Spears girls.

I think Jamie Lynn wants to be a normal girl -- I did like the reference to the interview that she wanted to go home to Louisiana State for college; getting out of the limelight might be the best way to keep her from following the train wreck that's her sister's life.

And I think statutory rape will only be pulled into play if the boyfriend tries to duck out of his responsibilities -- plus it depends where "the act" took place and what the age of consent is in that state (some of the Southern states have age of consent as low as 15 or 16 :shock: )...
"Mr. Bush, you do not own this country!" -- Keith Olbermann, 1/2/07

I support Pretty Bird Woman House

Return to “2007”