Blogging Countdown 12/19 #5: More Tapes

Keith Olbermann Stuff From 2007 and Earlier
Trekkie

Blogging Countdown 12/19 #5: More Tapes

Postby Trekkie » Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:10 pm

Alison Stewart fills in.

An article in the New York Times implicates four White House lawyers, including former Attorney General Alberto Gonzales and Vice President Cheney's Chief of Staff David Addington, were involved in discussions about the destruction of the tapes. Press Secretary Dana Perino, breaking from "no comment", calls for a retraction of the subheader on the headline because she feels it accuses her of being misleading to the press.

On Capitol Hill, the Senate Judciary Committee raked potential Justice Department #2 Mark Filip over the coals about the Administration trying to shut down congressional investigations into the matter.

A small fire broke out at the Eisenhower Executive Office Building, in the area of Vice President Cheney's ceremonial offices. Though the damage was extensive and serious, no one was seriously injured. The area where the fire broke out had no sprinkler system installed.

Richard Wolffe joins Alison.
Tenth Doctor:
"I'm the Doctor and you're in the biggest Library in the universe. Look me up." - Forest Of The Dead

"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes 'ding' when there's stuff." - Blink

Marie
Certified Fan

Re: Blogging Countdown 12/19 #5: More Tapes

Postby Marie » Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:49 pm

>Alison Stewart fills in.<

No kidding!-- she's starting to show. :-)

What's with all the fires in rightwing quarters lately? There was a fire at the NewsCorp offices, when was it... yesterday?

In this case I think it was Dick Cheney's pants that started it.

-Marie-

Lauralu

Postby Lauralu » Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:05 pm

Cheney's pants on fire! Love it, Marie. Borowitz did a column today about Cheney starting the fire to burn the rest of the interrogation tapes. It wasn't one of his best, but the idea was good.

ShadowCell

Postby ShadowCell » Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:10 pm

I'm not sure if you could pin this one specifically on Cheney, actually. There's so much trouser combustion in this administration that it could have been the mail guy or something.
Right-wing trolls who have tried to physically threaten me on the Internet: 3

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:10 pm

Borowitz did a column today about Cheney starting the fire to burn the rest of the interrogation tapes. It wasn't one of his best, but the idea was good.

Dag, Lauralu -- my husband made almost the identical comment! He said, "I wonder what they were burning?"

Did they wear out the motors on all the shredders???

-Marie-

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:12 pm

>There's so much trouser combustion in this administration . . .<

:LMAO "Trouser combustion." And it's not of the "Blazing Saddles" variety.

-Marie-

Slfriend79
Site Admin

Postby Slfriend79 » Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:13 pm

An article in the New York Times implicates four White House lawyers, including former Attorney General Alberto Gonzales and Vice President Cheney's Chief of Staff David Addington, were involved in discussions about the destruction of the tapes.

Nothing these 'Yahoo's' do any more surprises me. :roll:

Press Secretary Dana Perino, breaking from "no comment", calls for a retraction of the subheader on the headline because she feels it accuses her of being misleading to the press.

Someone needs to tell the 'Lying Sack Of Cute' [smilie=pdt_piratz_16.gif] to just 'Put A Sock In It'. :evil:

On Capitol Hill, the Senate Judciary Committee raked potential Justice Department #2 Mark Filip over the coals about the Administration trying to shut down congressional investigations into the matter.

I can't believe they are still going on about not being sure that 'Waterboarding' is torture or not. ](*,)

IT IS TORTURE!!! saiyan

A small fire broke out at the Eisenhower Executive Office Building, in the area of Vice President Cheney's ceremonial offices. Though the damage was extensive and serious, no one was seriously injured. The area where the fire broke out had no sprinkler system installed.

'Darth Cheney's' Paper Shredder must have exploded. Yellow_Flash_Colorz_PDT_10
"Laugh hard, run fast, be kind." - Peter Capaldi as the Twelfth Doctor (Twice Upon A Time)

Alber1690

Postby Alber1690 » Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:48 pm

The show might as well should be called "Countdown with Alison Stewart" for now... :cry:
"Success fools people into thinking they can't lose" - Bill Gates

Lauralu

Postby Lauralu » Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:03 am

Poor Alber! It'll be okay, honest, Keith will come back :wink: We can get through this together :grin:

Early Blake

Postby Early Blake » Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:12 am

That fire is so suspicious. Just happen to start and the only section of the building without sprinklers? I bet there was a pile of Dick Cheney's papers (probably from Dick Cheney's personal man sized safe), and a few more interrogation tapes in their. Which just happened to catch fire via Cheney's with laser that shot out of his eyes.

I definitely see a tie-in here with the 600% increase in document shredding costs for the White House.

Alber1690 wrote:The show might as well should be called "Countdown with Alison Stewart" for now... :cry:

Or Countdown without Keith Olbermann. Hmmm I don't want to start a rumor is but, this three days in a row Lou Dobbs and Keith Olbermann has been out. :wink: :wink: :wink: J/K I guess the big guns are taking the rest of the year off.
Last edited by Early Blake on Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:47 am, edited 2 times in total.

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:39 am

And yet...

Tonight at the sign-off, I distinctly heard Alison say, "Until next we meet..." Either Keith returns tomorrow, or they have another sub lined up, or we'll get pre-recorded Keith with an end-of-year compilation. (If he's pre-recorded, please let him be dressed casual! [-o< )

-Marie-

Early Blake

Postby Early Blake » Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:46 am

Marie wrote: (If he's pre-recorded, please let him be dressed casual! [-o< )

-Marie-

How about in a Christmas sweater? :lol:

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Thu Dec 20, 2007 3:58 am

Early Blake wrote:How about in a Christmas sweater? :lol:

And one of those antler headbands. :LMAO
(Kidding.)

A Christmas sweater would be verah nice!

-Marie-

justme2

Postby justme2 » Thu Dec 20, 2007 4:22 pm

Some great comments on Daily Kos about the shredders overheating and that's what caused the fire.

I'm sticking to my "fighting off a bug" theory -- if he's on vacation they would have said so. Likely the pre-recorded stuff won't start till next week -- after all, Tweety's still on the campaign trail (interesting sweater he wore during his McCain interview -- and McCain had some great comments about the torture debate as well).
"Mr. Bush, you do not own this country!" -- Keith Olbermann, 1/2/07

I support Pretty Bird Woman House

Return to “2007”