Divide between the left and HRC exaggerated?

Anything Progressive, Radio or Television: Rachel Maddow, Randi Rhodes, The Daily Show ,The Colbert Report, Real Time, Bill Maher
PhilbertReturns

Re: Divide between the left and HRC exaggerated?

Postby PhilbertReturns » Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:15 pm

Actually Marie, the Left (of which I am a member) has been arguing that the U.S. has been on the wrong path and has been headed for disaster for several decades now. If you think I'm negative, try listening to Chris Hedges some time. Your hair will fall out.

The fact that Drumpf says the same thing has nothing to do with us our the validity of our arguments. No, there has been very little real economic progress here and in fact the modest steps in the right direction laid down by Roosevelt and Johnson have largely been swept away. This country is poised to head into a series of civil uprisings if something isn't done about the state of the economy-which the Neo-Liberal Democrats refuse to do. If you thought NAFTA was a disaster, TPP is going to make that look like a cakewalk. And yes, President Clinton will sign it into Law just like her hubby did with NAFTA.

And Fuck Drumpf. In case you hadn't noticed, he is a thief, a liar and a sociopath.
"That's why I do. I drink...and I knowthings."

-Tyrion Lannister

"Game of Thrones"

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:11 pm

PhilbertReturns wrote:Actually Marie, the Left (of which I am a member) has been arguing that the U.S. has been on the wrong path and has been headed for disaster for several decades now. If you think I'm negative, try listening to Chris Hedges some time. Your hair will fall out.

The fact that Drumpf says the same thing has nothing to do with us our the validity of our arguments. In case you hadn't noticed, he is a thief, a liar and a sociopath.

Can't argue with you there.

And there's no denying this country has a lot of work to do to fulfill its promise. Two things that get in the way of progress are 1) the constantly changing technology, which leaves people stranded socially and occupationally, and 2) the way people don't remember history, so they keep applying outdated solutions, believing they will work.

I could add a third problem, ideology, which makes people intellectually lazy and leads them mechanically to follow cookbook formulas instead to dealing with the facts in a situation. One thing I notice about ideologues is that when their formulas don't work, they blame the facts instead of considering the possibility that their ideology no longer serves (if it ever did!) It's like doctors blaming a patient when his disease doesn't respond to their treatment. Bad patient!-- you should have gotten better; my book says so! [-X

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

PhilbertReturns

Postby PhilbertReturns » Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:29 pm

And Fuck Drumpf. In case you hadn't noticed, he is a thief, a liar and a sociopath.

Apparently I left off "Tax Cheat."

Mea Culpa

#-o
"That's why I do. I drink...and I knowthings."

-Tyrion Lannister

"Game of Thrones"

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:12 pm

This seems relevant:

I keep getting this message on Twitter --

I disagree; they get played ALL the time! :wink:

Of course they work awfully hard at it. Excellent thread re how the media have chased after every shiny Hillary object dangled in front to them for the past 20 years -- and always came up with nothing in the end:
https://twitter.com/Khanoisseur/status/ ... wsrc%5Etfw

When you have an industry tooled to manufacture Clinton scandals, you're not going to produce Pulitzer-level reporting.

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

Return to “Progressive Media”