Possible forum outages, July 17

Anything Progressive, Radio or Television: Rachel Maddow, Randi Rhodes, The Daily Show ,The Colbert Report, Real Time, Bill Maher
dejapig
Site Admin

Possible forum outages, July 17

Postby dejapig » Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:11 am

I received this notice from our server host...

Important Notice from Powersurge - Server Infrastructure Upgrade‏

As part of our dedication to continually improving our hosting services and to better serve our your needs, we at PowerSurge are planning an upgrade to our infrastructure on July 17 starting at 11:30pm EST.

As part of this crucial update we will be upgrading the switch capacity and bandwidth, to make your websites load faster as well as tightening security. It is possible you may experience a temporary downtime during this period however it is our goal to keep this to an absolute minimum.

I hope it doesn't affect our site beyond that. :shock:
Fingers crossed! :grin:
Be who you are & say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter & those who matter don't mind. --Dr. Seuss
Keith Olbermann rocks! --dejapig

Marie
Certified Fan

Re: Possible forum outages, July 17

Postby Marie » Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:23 pm

It's nice that they notified you! That's the only time I've ever heard of a forum host doing that. Good move -- avoids their having to deal with customers freaking out!

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

dejapig
Site Admin

Postby dejapig » Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:39 pm

REMINDER...
there may be outages tonight.
Be who you are & say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter & those who matter don't mind. --Dr. Seuss

dejapig
Site Admin

Postby dejapig » Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:15 pm

Well...
July 18, and it looks like we're still here! Woohoo! =D>

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:11 pm

dejapig wrote:Well...
July 18, and it looks like we're still here! Woohoo! =D>

Looks like they're getting better at this upgrade business! :-)

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:00 am

I spoke too soon -- we were off the air this AM until a few minutes ago.

Anyway, deja, I guess you can disregard the email I sent, unless the forum "winks out" again!

-Marie-

dejapig
Site Admin

Postby dejapig » Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:09 pm

Hmmm. I was on this morning. :-k

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:16 pm

dejapig wrote:Hmmm. I was on this morning. :-k

I was, too, early early; but then it crashed.

Examine the date-stamp on my email -- I tried accessing one last time before sending, just to make sure they hadn't fixed it, but it was still down as of that moment.

-Marie-

Return to “Progressive Media”