This is making me sad: Alex Wagner has left MSNBC

Anything Progressive, Radio or Television: Rachel Maddow, Randi Rhodes, The Daily Show ,The Colbert Report, Real Time, Bill Maher
Marie
Certified Fan

This is making me sad: Alex Wagner has left MSNBC

Postby Marie » Fri May 06, 2016 12:44 am

:-(

Another example of MSNBC's lack of imagination. This woman was one of their sharpest acquisitions and they totally wasted her. Now she's leaving to become a senior editor at The Atlantic -- which is mainly print currently, although they want her to do something with her television experience. It all sounds kind of murky right now.....

Alex Wagner leaves MSNBC for The Atlantic
By Alex Weprin
Politico
4/26/2016

FORMER MSNBC ANCHOR Alex Wagner is leaving the channel to join The Atlantic as senior editor, the magazine announced Tuesday morning.

Wagner will not just be writing for the outlet, she will also play a major role in its live events and video projects.

"She will write for The Atlantic, moderate events with AtlanticLIVE, and help to develop video and TV projects with The Atlantic Studios," a statement from the company says. She [started 4/30, moderating] a panel Saturday morning featuring Hope Solo, Connie Britton, and Senators Amy Klobuchar and Shelley Moore Capito.

As The Atlantic expands into TV and video, it is hoping that Wagner can help guide the company in its ventures there, which include documentaries, hosted programs and animated shorts.

Wagner was a contributor at MSNBC for years, launching her own program, "Now with Alex Wagner," in 2011. That show was canceled in July 2015 as MSNBC began to pivot its dayside strategy away from opinion programming, but Wagner was at the time promised a weekend program. That weekend show never came to fruition.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/on-media/ ... z47qpSQ5Ky

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

AaronCT

Re: This is making me sad: Alex Wagner has left MSNBC

Postby AaronCT » Thu May 19, 2016 8:23 pm

I like her. I'm sure we'll be seeing her again.
"Overcome the angry by non-anger; overcome the wicked by goodness; overcome the miser by generosity; overcome the liar by truth." ~The Buddha

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." ~Mark Twain

Shellysdc

Postby Shellysdc » Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:51 pm

She's smart. Apparently she saw the mess that's going on there and decided to get out before any more crap happens. IMO, the network is becoming more Faux Noise lite every day. That's why I quit watching them a long time ago. Rachel is holding her own (thankfully) and I only see her online when I can.
Make the most of every day. You never know what to expect.

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:17 am

Shellysdc wrote:She's smart. Apparently she saw the mess that's going on there and decided to get out before any more crap happens. IMO, the network is becoming more Faux Noise lite every day. That's why I quit watching them a long time ago. Rachel is holding her own (thankfully) and I only see her online when I can.

Joy Reid is my new fav. When one of the Trump spokesbots MSNBC producers keep booking starts lying, Joy forcefully pushes back. I've seen her go, "No no no no no, you are NOT going to come on this show and say that without being challenged, no, that did NOT happen the way you say it did!"

Rachel does that, too, although Rache tends to be more tactful. But at least there are a couple of strong women keeping things real around the place and making it stick. (Poor Mika tries to challenge Joe, but he just shouts her down.)

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

Shellysdc

Postby Shellysdc » Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:12 am

Marie wrote:
Shellysdc wrote:She's smart. Apparently she saw the mess that's going on there and decided to get out before any more crap happens. IMO, the network is becoming more Faux Noise lite every day. That's why I quit watching them a long time ago. Rachel is holding her own (thankfully) and I only see her online when I can.

Joy Reid is my new fav. When one of the Trump spokesbots MSNBC producers keep booking starts lying, Joy forcefully pushes back. I've seen her go, "No no no no no, you are NOT going to come on this show and say that without being challenged, no, that did NOT happen the way you say it did!"

Rachel does that, too, although Rache tends to be more tactful. But at least there are a couple of strong women keeping things real around the place and making it stick. (Poor Mika tries to challenge Joe, but he just shouts her down.)

-Marie-

Good point. Joy and Rachel are pretty much the only ones holding back a LOT while being professional but at times they uncover the mask a little bit and let the spokesbots have it. Even still, the network has gone to the dogs and that's a shame.
Make the most of every day. You never know what to expect.

Return to “Progressive Media”