Does anybody else find Krystal Ball annoying?

Anything Progressive, Radio or Television: Rachel Maddow, Randi Rhodes, The Daily Show ,The Colbert Report, Real Time, Bill Maher
RareBird
Certified Fan

Re: Does anybody else find Krystal Ball annoying?

Postby RareBird » Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:21 pm

Her last name is even Ball. I like her.

proudliberal

Postby proudliberal » Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:02 am

RareBird wrote:Her last name is even Ball. I like her.

RareBird, you're hopeless! :lol:
Necessity is the mother of invention. We don't know who the father is, because Necessity gets around alot.

dnkoa

Postby dnkoa » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:38 pm

You'll want to tune in to see her on Lawrence RB. She's wearing a low neckline sundress. :wink:

RareBird
Certified Fan

Postby RareBird » Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:45 pm

dnkoa wrote:You'll want to tune in to see her on Lawrence RB. She's wearing a low neckline sundress. :wink:

Nice shoulders.

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:16 pm

RareBird wrote:
dnkoa wrote:You'll want to tune in to see her on Lawrence RB. She's wearing a low neckline sundress. :wink:

Nice shoulders.

She wasn't being coquettish this time, though. Maybe she's been getting some feedback about that. In fact I thought she was quite professional in her presentation. (I hope that does not make you cry, RB! :grin: )

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

RareBird
Certified Fan

Postby RareBird » Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:32 pm

Marie wrote:
RareBird wrote:

Nice shoulders.

She wasn't being coquettish this time, though. Maybe she's been getting some feedback about that. In fact I thought she was quite professional in her presentation. (I hope that does not make you cry, RB! :grin: )

-Marie-

I guess I missed the coquettish appearances. I haven't seen anything out of place--but I haven't seen every appearance. Who was she making goo goo eyes at? Not Ed. Definitely not Ezra. :grin:

proudliberal

Postby proudliberal » Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:55 pm

RareBird wrote:I guess I missed the coquettish appearances. I haven't seen anything out of place--but I haven't seen every appearance. Who was she making goo goo eyes at? Not Ed. Definitely not Ezra. :grin:

Mostly it seemed to be happening with Lawrence, sometimes with Chris Hayes and Steve Kornacki.
Necessity is the mother of invention. We don't know who the father is, because Necessity gets around alot.

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:01 pm

RareBird wrote:
Marie wrote:
RareBird wrote:Nice shoulders.

I guess I missed the coquettish appearances. I haven't seen anything out of place--but I haven't seen every appearance. Who was she making goo goo eyes at? Not Ed. Definitely not Ezra. :grin:

I haven't caught her doing it, I only started paying closer attention after such behavior was mentioned by others.

A lot of times I'm listening to a show while working on something else.

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

RareBird
Certified Fan

Postby RareBird » Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:21 pm

I got a chuckle out of her when Lawrence said he didn't like his first name and she said words to the effect of "if anyone should want to renounce their first name here it would be me".

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:28 pm

:lol:

And what's wrong with "Lawrence," anyhow? :-s

-Marie-

RareBird
Certified Fan

Postby RareBird » Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:21 pm

Marie wrote::lol:

And what's wrong with "Lawrence," anyhow? :-s

-Marie-

He had to grow up being called Larry. eww. :grin:

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:15 am

RareBird wrote:
Marie wrote: And what's wrong with "Lawrence," anyhow? :-s

He had to grow up being called Larry. eww. :grin:

Someone tell him Laurence Olivier asked everyone he worked with to please call him Larry.

Maybe that will make him feel better about it.

-Marie-

dnkoa

Postby dnkoa » Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:10 pm

I noticed that when he has on Senators who knew him when he was a staffer, they always call him Larry.

dandelion28

Postby dandelion28 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:27 pm

I find her incredibly annoying. She may be bright and accomplished, but she loses all authority the minute she opens her mouth and speaks with that creaky voice and sorority girl accent. I agree with the posters upthread who are getting a little tired of the geeky schtick of some of the other younger hosts, but I'll take nerd over "Bachelor" contestant anytime.

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:42 pm

dandelion28 wrote:I find her incredibly annoying. She may be bright and accomplished, but she loses all authority the minute she opens her mouth and speaks with that creaky voice and sorority girl accent. I agree with the posters upthread who are getting a little tired of the geeky schtick of some of the other younger hosts, but I'll take nerd over "Bachelor" contestant anytime.

Her voice is the ONLY thing I find objectionable about her. I looked hard for the flirty thing and can't seem to detect that.

She actually seems quite smart and knowledgeable. But the voice, yeah, that stylistic nasality is definitely off-putting. Time for a coach.

-Marie-

Return to “Progressive Media”