Chris Matthews "Retires"

Anything Progressive, Radio or Television: Rachel Maddow, Randi Rhodes, The Daily Show ,The Colbert Report, Real Time, Bill Maher
AaronCT

Chris Matthews "Retires"

Postby AaronCT » Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:08 am

Watched it last night live. Looks like he was "me too'd". I know a lot of people don't like him but I always did. He was an old schooler... Willing to look at things from multiple different angles. His show will be missed.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video ... reins.html
"Overcome the angry by non-anger; overcome the wicked by goodness; overcome the miser by generosity; overcome the liar by truth." ~The Buddha

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." ~Mark Twain

Marie
Certified Fan

Re: Chris Matthews "Retires"

Postby Marie » Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:19 am

Matthews made his reputation noting things other TV hosts were too shy to point out, but there were times he could have exercised more tact.

Still, this is pretty late in the game to force him to retire over what is practically his trademark! If this is a specific "me too" issue, then viewers should be told about it -- not just left to wonder what he did that was over the line even for him. Image

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

Return to “Progressive Media”